• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier has got stuck in Windows...help required

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oracle3001

I have no idea how this has happened, but the multiplier setting appears to have got stuck to a certain setting when I boot into windows.

I have a i3770k running on a Asus P8Z77-V Pro board.

It is set to 44 in the bios, but when I boot into Windows it appears it gets changed to 45. Initially I thought it was something that TurboV was doing, but I uninstall the whole AI Suite and it is still happening.

I go back and try and change the bios, and no matter what I change, the multiplier stays locked at 45 in Windows. I can make alterations to the VCore etc in the bios and those changes appear when running Windows, but the multiplier stays locked at 45, no matter what I have set it as in the bios.

Last edited:
Where in Windows are you seeing a x45 multiplier? Try resetting CMOS, then re-do your overclock from scratch.

this kind of range of possibilities is why I am hesitant to appreciate software overclocking

at lease yours will overclock.. i set my multipler to 44 and vcore in the bios, and when i get into windows the vcore is increase like i set it in the bios, but the multipler is stuck at stock. when not under load it drops like its suppose to but when i run prime95 on 4 cores it only goes up to like 36, one core 38 ( the defaults for the i5-3570K )

Last edited:
Back