• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since when does UPS deliver with catapults?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aldakoopa

KING OF PROCRASTINATION Member
I have never had any trouble with UPS shipping before, but jeez, I ordered a mechanical keyboard, not an accordion! I don't think it could have sustained any more damage if they had dropped it from a plane and then shot it with a canon.

It nearly goes without saying that the keyboard was DOA. It was jarred enough that it knocked some of the keys off, and must have suffered internal damage as the only thing it would do is flash it's lights for a split-second and make Windows flip out about not recognizing a device and continuously make the "device connected" noise.

So, now I'll be waiting on my replacement for a few more days, I guess. :-/

Attachments

• 100_1060.jpg
    100_1060.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_1059.jpg
    100_1059.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 230
o_O thats what my antec case looked like when it arrived from ups as well but there was nothing wrong with the case so no harm done for me, sucks you have to wait for the new keyboard tho

Are you sure you didn't order a mechanically crushed keyboard? It is easy to get those two mixed up.

I'm going to merge your thread into the main UPS one once I find it. Or not, someone lied to me!

Are you sure you didn't order a mechanically crushed keyboard? It is easy to get those two mixed up.

I'm going to merge your thread into the main UPS one once I find it. Or not, someone lied to me!

I thought I had remembered seeing a UPS one before... but I couldn't find it. Might not have searched long enough. It definitely went through the crusher, though!

I've had boxes that look like that also delivered by UPS. Boxes containing hard drives no less. I've also ordered cases of Bawls for LANs and things off Thinkgeek, and even though they put the case of Bawls in a box 2-3 times the size filled with packing peanuts, I've gotten cases that were crushed with broken bottles. It seems they think it's OK to kick around the box labeled FRAGILE. Luckily Thinkgeek CS is awesome.

I worked at UPS when I was in college and when it's a "bad night" anything marked fragile seemed to get punted and/or placed on the bottom of a "wall" when building up the truck (not by me)
usually the light stuff goes on top and cases are pretty light compared to a lot of stuff that goes through there.. likely some teenie bopper was ticked at his supervisor and you're package took the beating.. or when it was on the truck it was on the floor and something heavier fell on it.. those truck shelves suck at holding odd size heavy packages!

I worked at UPS when I was in college and when it's a "bad night" anything marked fragile seemed to get punted and/or placed on the bottom of a "wall" when building up the truck (not by me)
usually the light stuff goes on top and cases are pretty light compared to a lot of stuff that goes through there.. likely some teenie bopper was ticked at his supervisor and you're package took the beating.. or when it was on the truck it was on the floor and something heavier fell on it.. those truck shelves suck at holding odd size heavy packages!

I work for FedEx now and yeah when its a bad night its a bad night and the chutes going into the load side trucks smash the boxes when there closed anyways lol. I always overpacked my stuff its worth it.

UPS has steadily took a downward turn for me in the past few years. Pacakges have been damaged, very late, mis-routed.. Right now I am waiting a on a package coming from Az to central CA. But noo, they routed that particular package all the way to the south east, then chicago, then maybe if I'm lucky, it'll show up here. I hate not ordering stuff off Amazon Prime.

Once again I dig up this jem of a tale (100% true) for everyone's enjoyment. I used to work for one of the largest shoe retailers in Canada in their warehouse. The corporate offices (and thereby the IT department) were in the same building. One of the retail stores had a computer failure and sent their computer to head office for the IT guy to fix. He had the computer for a week or so, fixed it, then gave it to us in the shipping dept. to ship back to the store with UPS. The usual shipments were sent cheapest option, things like the computer or other priority items were sent using the faster and more expensive route. So the UPS guy shows up, we give him the 2-3 skids of boxes to go out, then the head of shipping tells him we have one priority package and points it out to him. So the UPS guy picks it up, raises it high over his head, and then body-slams it down to the concrete floor as hard as he can. Right in front of us. Then the guy kicks it a few feet towards the truck, picks it up again and slams it into the ground again. He didn't drop it, he threw it at the ground with all the force he could muster, twice. Then he proceeded to kick it the rest of the way into the truck. Needless to say the computer needed to be rebuilt after that. Complaints were filed but I don't think he was fired.

Once again I dig up this jem of a tale (100% true) for everyone's enjoyment. I used to work for one of the largest shoe retailers in Canada in their warehouse. The corporate offices (and thereby the IT department) were in the same building. One of the retail stores had a computer failure and sent their computer to head office for the IT guy to fix. He had the computer for a week or so, fixed it, then gave it to us in the shipping dept. to ship back to the store with UPS. The usual shipments were sent cheapest option, things like the computer or other priority items were sent using the faster and more expensive route. So the UPS guy shows up, we give him the 2-3 skids of boxes to go out, then the head of shipping tells him we have one priority package and points it out to him. So the UPS guy picks it up, raises it high over his head, and then body-slams it down to the concrete floor as hard as he can. Right in front of us. Then the guy kicks it a few feet towards the truck, picks it up again and slams it into the ground again. He didn't drop it, he threw it at the ground with all the force he could muster, twice. Then he proceeded to kick it the rest of the way into the truck. Needless to say the computer needed to be rebuilt after that. Complaints were filed but I don't think he was fired.

That is so F-ing funny! I would of punched the dude in the face I think and laughed at the same time. I got a package from UPS yesterday, we left the tag on the neighbors house, seems he has a hard time reading address and apt numbers, found him a few blocks away and got my new ssds.

Trust me yours is not as bad as USPS. see pics here. *** holes bent it so it would go in the mail box.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6597603&postcount=10

That is so F-ing funny! I would of punched the dude in the face I think and laughed at the same time. I got a package from UPS yesterday, we left the tag on the neighbors house, seems he has a hard time reading address and apt numbers, found him a few blocks away and got my new ssds.

Trust me yours is not as bad as USPS. see pics here. *** holes bent it so it would go in the mail box.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6597603&postcount=10

:rofl: Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

Now what's this? My replacement was "shipped" yesterday. Did they just take it for an hour-long pleasant car ride to go sight-seeing through town?

Attachments

• ups.jpg
    ups.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 116
I live in Denmark, and even in the media here, we are getting videos of UPS people dropping off packages. I'll let you guys wonder about why its on video, but its not pretty, and i would pee'ed off if i knew my expensive hardware thrown around like they do.

EDIT:
In fact, enjoy them..

Last edited:
An update on that UPS order.. They delivered it several blocks over, despite having my correct address on it. Luckily the resident there walked over and gave it to me. Wow, UPS.

I work for FedEx my only work of advice is..... Pack your stuff like its going to war. Usually boxes make it trough out facility fine but it only takes a package handler having a bad day or boxes to shift in a truck.

Back