• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Arctic Accelero Hybrid 7970 GPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Arctic is one of the most well-known manufacturers of heatsinks for both graphics cards and processors (as well as a popular producer of thermal paste and case fans). Today we will be taking a look at Arctic?s venture into a closed-loop cooling solution ? the Accelero Hybrid 7970. Supporting a dozen AMD video cards ranging from the HD 5830 through the HD 7970 (with some exceptions - also note there is a Nvidia compatible version) this cooler is set to be marketed as their flagship cooling solution. In this article, the cooler will be installed onto a MSI HD 7970 Lightning Edition, and then com... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Yeah I'm pretty confused by the results of the twin frozr. When I re-mount I will have to try it one more time (for a 3rd time) to see if the numbers change. I probably won't have time for a couple of weeks though as I will be moving next weekend.

The problem with a watercooled card is there are way too many variables.

Pump, other things in the loop, radiator, fans, air flow, type of waterblock, length of the loop (if that matters) etc.

From the looks of it, it is clearly just a repurposed (Asetek) Antec Kuhler 620 with a different copper base.

a 620 can be had for around 60 dollars so what does the other 120 get you? a plastic housing to bolt on the waterblock/pump and a bunch of memory/VRM heatsinks?

Last edited:
From the looks of it, it is clearly just a repurposed Asetek cooler with a different copper base.

a 620 can be had for around 60 dollars so what does the other 120 get you? a plastic housing to bolt on the waterblock/pump and a bunch of memory/VRM heatsinks?

FTFY.

I guess you get the waterblock design.

That looks pretty cool.

Yeah, the results for the Twin Frozr are kind of sad, but I think that's accurate.

I have a lightning. Stays nice and cool with stock voltage, but when I increase the voltage even a bit the temps soar (compared to stock).

i would like to see alot thicker radiator on that bad boy, like double the thickness. specially for 180$ same fpi though so quiet fans work.

From the looks of it, it is clearly just a repurposed (Asetek) Antec Kuhler 620 with a different copper base.

Mostly, you get the mounting system to the the 7970, plus you get the built in spacer so it can actually touch the 7970's recessed core.
Plus a bunch of RAM and MOSFET heatsinks and such.
It does seem like an awful lot more money to pay for mostly the same stuff.

Back