• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad WU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I just looked at one of my i7 3930k machines and it is working on a WU that is giving a credit of 8443 for a total PPD of 5101 and had 22 HOURS LEFT? Usually I burn through those in an hour. Bear with me as I'm new here, but the PRCG number is 7809.

Could this be bad in some way and it's just not working correctly? Could a recent driver change to my video cards have affected it despite me only folding SMP?

How can I dump this one and get another?

EDIT* It is now increasing to over a day remaining and it is at 43%...

Last edited:
I believe I figured it out. This morning I "updated" to a Beta driver for my AMD cards. It caused me issues with XBMC, and a couple other small things. That is when I noticed this issue. Even though I am only running SMP, it did affect it. After posting this thread, I used the system restore point I made immediately before changing my driver, and I am back to normal.

The same WU is now up to 12595 and will complete in 3 hours.

Glad to hear that.

TPF = Time Per Frame.
There are 100 frames per work unit.
That was in minutes and seconds per frame.

I believe I figured it out. This morning I "updated" to a Beta driver for my AMD cards. It caused me issues with XBMC, and a couple other small things. That is when I noticed this issue. Even though I am only running SMP, it did affect it. After posting this thread, I used the system restore point I made immediately before changing my driver, and I am back to normal.

Is all still as it should be GT ????

I have to say i was really surprised when you said it was graphics card driver that caused your issues.....

Back