• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some weird problems with a flashed 7950...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raident30

after successfully flashing my powercolor 7950 to the boost state(7970 core clock of 925), i overclocked it and found some nasty and weird problem. the flashed stock clock score of my card in 3dmark11 is 7300, after overclocking it to 1050 core and 1350 memory clock i've only got a small increase in score to like 7500 on the GPU score... what seems to be the problem with it? should i reflash it? i really need some suggestions and help guys :bang head:bang head ! thanks!

Untitled-19.png

btw i tried upping the voltage a little but still no score/performance increase.

Seems normal to me. Try getting the 12.11 beta drivers for a REAL improvement almost across the board. :)

Yep, its normal. You didnt unlock anything so its just some minor overclocking that happened.

yah i know. what i mean is electrical consumption increased with this flash.

With the old 6950 that you could flash, going over 1,2v would pretty much screw up the card.

Lets hope the 7000series handle it better. You should only really set the voltage up to make an OC stable. But going up almost 0.2v seems like a lot.

yeah, it seems like a lot... been having some random artifacting while playing skyrim since i've flashed this card... i hope its not the flash problem

Back