• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS viewer in Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Is there a program to view the BIOS settings with out rebooting so I don't have to stop anything? I run Folding @ Home and don't want to stop it just to check the BIOS settings.

Sorry if this is not the place to post.

Because you posted in the AMD motherboard section instead of the Intel or General motherboard section, we can assume you have an AMD motherboard? No Windows application is truly reliable when checking bios from within windows.

Many boards that have UEFI type bioses have an application from the mobo maker that can show and in some situations change bios settings. It is this changing that begins many peoples problems.

I don't need to change the settings in Windows, just view them then I would reboot to the BIOS to make changes if need be, and yes it's for AMD MB. Only 1 of the 4 I need to view the BIOS has the UEFI BIOS, the others don't.
If there is no viewer, that's ok was just wondering :)

Yes and No.

Some utilities exist to view and alter current settings though. If there's a utility depends what brand you have.

And I sort of disagree with Rgone. Some utilities work just fine, others are buggy or otherwise difficult to use. Some just work after installing because they install necessary dependencies for all functions. Some have other requirements that aren't auto-installed.

Asus AI Suite. EVGA eLeet. Gigabyte Easytune/Gigabyte Tweak Launcher. MSI Controlcenter. ASRock OC Tuner. Just some I'm familiar with.

Back