• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for soundcard /w high sound channel count

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Ok. I was afraid this might happen. This happened on my laptop frequently (especially when playing music in the background) and now its happening on this machine.

When i play a game (in this case, Borderlands 2) there will be times when there are so many sound sources going on at once, that it will start cutting off or not playing some of them.. Most notably my own gunfire.

As stated, this also occurred on my laptop (not playing some sources, and lowering the volume of others with WMP going). I'm fairly certain this is a playback channel issue (no, not the 2.1, 5.1 type of channels, i mean playing individual sources of sound)

Though this particular sat is near impossible to find listings for on any audio device these days (they use to list it on sound cards).

Does anyone know of a good 5.1 sound card able to handle a high number of sound channels to support games (with their hundreds of sound sources)?

Thanks.

Back