• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus DCII 6950 outputs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I just sold this card to another member here and once he received it, he was having some trouble with one of the DVI-out connectors on the card. After some digging, we solved the problem, but since there doesn't seem to be and info on the issue in these forums, I figured I would post our findings for future use...

The card has 2 DVI and 4 Display Port connectors. There is a switch on the card which toggles a setting enabling either 5 or 6 monitors, but there is a decent amount of info, readily available on that function.

What isn't quite as published is the fact that only one of the DVI connectors outputs to analog VGA cables. So if you are using a VGA cable with a DVI to VGA adapter, only one of the DVI connectors will work for you, regardless of what position the switch is in.

This thread describes the issue.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone :)

Its not exclusive to that model of card, but the DVI port type.

DVI-D (digital only, single-link or dual-link)
DVI-A (analog only)
DVI-I (integrated, combines digital and analog in the same connector; digital may be single- or dual-link)

So a DVI-d would not have been able to output to VGA as it is digital only. The rest, A and I, will.

DVI_Connector_Types.png

(image and info from Wiki)

Last edited:
Back