• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to OC'ing, are my specs ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redbeard30

Registered
New member here. I recently upgraded from an Athlon x2 5200 to a Phenom 2 X6 1045t. Yep, upgrade due a long time ago! Ha! So i was gonna get an FX chip but due to a new baby and wife still finding a job, I had to compromise with my budget. So i settled with a 1045t and Gigabyte GA78lmt-usb3 mobo for $122 total! I am new to OCing and read up a bit, and managed 3.375 stable, a 600+ MHZ gain. I know my mobo isn't that great but was the only affordable opition with usb3 and sinked VRMs. I raised FSB to 250, HTT and CPU-NB is at 2000, memory is at stock 1333. Idle temps are at 29/30c and 4 hours of prime don't go above 53c. Using Hyper212+. LLC and voltage set to auto, and c1e and cool and quiet disabled along with turbo core. Voltage never exceeds 1.4. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or can do better? I'm very happy with my budget purchase so far! Glad I didn't get the FX chip! Thanks for any help/info!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 57
Welcome to the AMD forum section...

1. Welcome to OCF :welcome:

2. Looks like a pretty fair overclock.

3. To say much more as regards what your overclock really is we all need to get on the same page with the things we use as criteria to judge an overclock.

4. Here is where you start with getting to the same page. By the way full screen captures make the actual menu we need to read...too small.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Back