• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home theater/security and networks :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arci

Hello and thank you for reading this.

I have just purchased a new house (new to me) and would like some advice and pointers on what it will take to make my ideal home theater system function over a home network with mobile device access as well as having home security integrated into the network.

In all honesty I am the best at all this so i get frustrated and stop trying:shrug:

I have purchased the following for my home thus far;

PylePro 1400 Watt Professional DJ Power Amplifier,

PYLPT1201X Product Description1400W power amplifier includes dual output level controls & illumination Amplifier features protection circuit & indicator Sound system boasts dual-color LED output level display Stereo/mono/bridge selector Dual RCA & XLR-.25"" combo inputs AC power supply inlet Stereo or bridged power into 4? or 8? 2 speaker connections via banana plugs Heavy-duty fan cooling & aluminum heatsink Ground lift-switch 110V-220V

2x Peavey PV Series PV 215 700 Watt PA Speaker

he PV 215 is a two-way double 15" speaker in a trapezoidal enclosure capable of handling 700 watts program and 1400 watts peak power. An ideal example of long-running "performance & value"-oriented PV Series, this very affordable enclosure includes two 15-inch premium woofers with 2-3/8 inch voice coils for pumping plenty of low end. Built-in tweeter protection and a heavy-duty crossover supply the RX14 compression driver with clean power for the 90° x 40° constant directivity horn, while the carpet-covered cabinet and sturdy metal grille make the PV 215 a road-rugged loudspeaker.

Swann - 8-Channel, 8-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Professional Security System

Swann surveillance system that features 8 indoor/outdoor cameras that capture clear video that can be stored on the 8-channel DVR with a 1TB hard drive.

I have a windows 7 Professional Premium Machine with all my media on it for the home theater system and a small but powerful machine to monitor the home security.

I am hoping someone will be able to tell me what is needed network wise and provide installation info and options :)

Thank you for reading
Arci

Welcome !! Did you get any manuals with all that stuff ? Might wanna peak into the home security manual first to see what your gonna need for that setup.

I did and in the diagrams it shows the cameras going to the DVR and a cord that says network coming out of it but i dont know how i would go about setting up the rest of it for the network access and being able to get to it from my tablet :(

The speakers and stuff are easy they hook to the amp and the amp gets the music from the PC :)

i just wanted to get an idea of what would be needed as far as hardware and wiring for the network and be able to set up my old desktop as a media server for it all :)

any pics of the back of the components you can post up ? sorry I dont have any real answers for you yet but soon ...soon :D

so the dvr just has an Ethernet jack ? and what type of camera connections hook up to the dvr ?

or are they meant to be connected to a router then dvr fed ?

im limited in my knowledge with this stuff ..but hey ill join the journey with you :D

swann most likely has an app for you to use on your phone, and you have to plug the security system into the network and go into the settings in the dvr software to enable the logging of remote devices

I actually dont have a Camera or a smart cell phone :( the service out where i live is unbelievably terrible but for some reason the Cable internet rocks lol

Back