• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a i7 860

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrkatz

Registered
Hello..

I have a i7 860 with a gigabyte p55-us3l motherboard with Noctua ND-D14 installed, right now I have OC'ed to 3.5 mgz with a stable OC, at 170x21
and I think at 1.125 vcore
but once I am trying to get higher my temp stays fine but for some reason when I am running a prime 95 stress test , 4 of my cores dies immeditly, I have tried raising the vcore a little bit but I am not quite sure, what this motherboard is capable of.. would like some help on the next steps...

oh and a lame Kingstone 1333mhz 4x4 DDR3 running at stock clock speed I think it is 9-9-9-27
but again I am not near my PC atm I will upload all the right info later today, thnx for the help

If the current BCLK is 170, and you have DDR3-1333, then the RAM isn't running at "stock clock speed". The modules are either underclocked at DDR3-1020 (x6 DRAM mult.), or overclocked to at least DDR3-1360 (x8 DRAM mult.). So if the DRAM frequency is currently at DDR3-1360 or higher, then as you raise the BCLK past 170 the DRAM freq. keeps increasing further past what the modules are rated at.

oh yes I meant I put the ram multi at x8 soo it will be at 1080 I think with the correct bclk
but I just need to understand what causing the prime 95 not to finish the test

because I have tried running max payne 3 or something at optimize settings and everything worked stable and good..
and I cannot understand the log file too well..

as you raise the bclk you may have to raise the vtt voltage as well. I don't remember what the stock setting is but try bumping that up a notch.

Back