• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sprint sucks No unlimited plan for PCs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

Paltry 5 GB (and possibly less) monthly limit for PCs.

Someone that lives with me has Sprint for internet on her laptop and in addition, was falsely charged with going over!

I rooted my phone and used the tether. It never cost me any extra and I never went over any limits. It really sucks though if you are not in a 4g area.

Guys, this applies to normal computers using hotspot routers.

Normal computer users are in pain from this. :(

You can root and use phone for hotspot. You just have to plug it in or the battery drains fast.

You don't have to root...just use FoxFi. I'm rooted, but FoxFi works better for me than Barnacle or any of the root tether apps.

Thanks! It has been a while since I did any rooting or looking into this stuff. I am due for a new phone in three months and I am counting the days. I think I am changing from sprint. The unlimited data is nice, but the service sucks. It is so spotty and inconsistent for data (and voice sometimes) that I think I may change back to verizon.

i've yet to own an android phone that didnt have wifi hotspot functionality built in, no apps required.

built in yes, but you forgot to mention they charge to use that.

As for going back to Verizon, they don't have the unlimited plan anymore and I think 30 bux get you 2 gig of data only.

I keep thinking of all the people who always yell "Screw Carrier A and their latest changes! I am switching to Carrier B where I can have unlimited whatever!!!"

Eventually....you run out of carriers to switch to because they will all eventually make the same changes. ;)

built in yes, but you forgot to mention they charge to use that.

oh? maybe my carrier is just good to me then?
ive never been charged for tethering, and i've made my phone into a portable hotspot many times, burned through many GB of data that way, and only ever used the built in wifi hotspot function

5 GB data allowance is what I expect in Haiti, not USA! :mad:

Probably claimed to be state-of-the-art in Port-Au-Prince ;)

Yes it sucks the cap is so low also, 5 gig, come on guys!!! No way can a PC user that wants to do anything online wants to do that.

Back