• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best I can do for $520 US?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomer0909

3570K - 169.99
AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - 94.99
Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x8) - 64.99
EVGA - 650 Ti - 159.99

Total W/ Tax - 519.36

The Ram and GPU kind of make me nervous but are pretty good value besides the GPU comes with ACIII!

Links:

GPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130840
Mobo - http://www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard
CPU - http://www.microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_1155_Processor
Ram - http://www.microcenter.com/product/...el_Desktop_Memory_Kit_(Two_8GB_Memory_Modules)

I have everything else to be recycled. If you guys have better ideas let me know.

Thanks,

Boom

That looks solid to me. I personally would drop to 2x4GB sticks, because 16GB is overkill and you could save a little more that way. The other choices look like a real formidable rig on the cheap. Put an SSD on it and you'd smoke the hell out of your previous setup.

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually have a 120GB SSD for OS and main programs and a 256 GB SSD for other **** along with a few 750's for general storage and backups.

That looks solid to me. I personally would drop to 2x4GB sticks, because 16GB is overkill and you could save a little more that way. The other choices look like a real formidable rig on the cheap. Put an SSD on it and you'd smoke the hell out of your previous setup.
Agree... unless you know you use more than 8GB, no need for 16GB which could save a few bucks towards the SSD IMOG is talking about. :thup:

And hi neighbor! (Im between Bmore and DC)

Backed it down to 8 GB and came in under $500. Not to shabby. It is kinda depressing though cause this was my first build and it has treated me so well since ~2008/2009.

Thanks again for the replies.

Do you guys think Black Friday we'll see better deals or no? I mean I can definitely wait a couple weeks on the build. I hate buying things and then seeing them much cheaper just a short time later.

Agree... unless you know you use more than 8GB, no need for 16GB which could save a few bucks towards the SSD IMOG is talking about. :thup:

And hi neighbor! (Im between Bmore and DC)

Hello to you as well. I am right outside Bmore (exit 1 off 695).

I'm sure there will be something thats alright, but the last couple years I don't think there's been much thats really got people excited.

If i where you i would drop down to 8gb ram as stated before and upgrade to the 7850 as it is a better gpu and you can get is for ~$50 more

It's just a personal preference I like EVGA and nVidia cards. It's all I have ever used. I actually just placed the order.

It's just a personal preference I like EVGA and nVidia cards. It's all I have ever used. I actually just placed the order.

I know you just ordered, but for anyone else considering something similar, I would also suggest bumping down the ram quantity and putting the difference into a better GPU. You can find 8Gb of 1600Mhz for ~$30 pretty easily right now and if you put that extra $35 into your GPU budget, it brings it real close to $200, putting you in range of 7870s or thereabouts.

A GPU performing ~25% better than the 650 would be a much more noticeable difference than 8 more GB of ram, in my opinion.

Either way, I know you will be happy with your new build. :)

Ugh if you hadn't already places the order i would have tryed to convince you other wise but just for future reference you shouldn't limit your self to one type of thing always check out the competition i was the same was then i got a 7850 and a 7950 and they are AWESOME cards so yea hope you are happy with the build looks like its going to be awesome :thup:

also

:pics:

so make sure you get some lol

Ugh if you hadn't already places the order i would have tryed to convince you other wise but just for future reference you shouldn't limit your self to one type of thing always check out the competition i was the same was then i got a 7850 and a 7950 and they are AWESOME cards so yea hope you are happy with the build looks like its going to be awesome :thup:

also

:pics:

so make sure you get some lol

I had one AMD card way back when and it was horrible. All I remember are the driver issues I had. I just like what EVGA does with their step up program and everything.

Pics will come. I promise.

I know you just ordered, but for anyone else considering something similar, I would also suggest bumping down the ram quantity and putting the difference into a better GPU. You can find 8Gb of 1600Mhz for ~$30 pretty easily right now and if you put that extra $35 into your GPU budget, it brings it real close to $200, putting you in range of 7870s or thereabouts.

A GPU performing ~25% better than the 650 would be a much more noticeable difference than 8 more GB of ram, in my opinion.

Either way, I know you will be happy with your new build. :)

I did back the ram down to 8GB which brought me just under $500. I really liked that I was able to keep it under $500 so I just stayed their. I had a $300 GPU in my shopping cart at one point and just couldn't pull the trigger. I am really excited for the build though.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Way back when is not now, things change, and have for the most part. In the future, dont let things like that hold you back from a better deal (what AMD cards are now). :thup:

I cant wait to see this done! :D

Way back when is not now, things change, and have for the most part. In the future, dont let things like that hold you back from a better deal (what AMD cards are now). :thup:

I cant wait to see this done! :D

After looking at some reviews the 7850 looks pretty nice, and that power consumption seems awesome. Alas, Newegg is already packing my order up so last minute changes are not an option.

If I am not satisfied I will just use the step up program I guess.

Just a tip dont look at other hardware you will just get jelious lol and if anything use the 9800 as a physixs card.

Haha no dice though, giving my old build to my mother, her PC is at least 10 years old and she won't use it because it's so slow. She does everything on her Kindle Fire.

That E8500 still has a lot of life in it. It's been at 3.8GHz for at least 2.5 years now and the system as a whole zips with everything except gaming. I plan on skipping next gen consoles so this is going to have to make due for quite a while.

Back