• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS & Ram Timings Are Off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Im0utz

Just built a new rig and my AMD mother board's bios has the RAM settings wrong and I'm not too sure how to set them correctly.
My RAM is:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145347
DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Timing 9-9-9-24
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V

And a screenshot of the BIOS DRAM settings can be found:
http://s16.postimage.org/tnq93slr7/download.jpg

if some1 can tell me which numbers to change, everytime i do it it gives a overclock error and restarts with old settings. i'd use the XMP profile if it was an intel board but i saved so much money going with AMD. :clap:

Last edited:
What motherboard is that? An older Gigabyte? Some maybe sold as new but the design is older. Might not like 16gig.

What motherboard is that? An older Gigabyte? Some maybe sold as new but the design is older. Might not like 16gig.

sorry to make this confusing, never had to ask for help on computer forums b4, my bad for being a nub

Ok, I see you have it set to manual,
now set the CAS# latency to 9,
RAS to CAS R/W delay to 9,
Row Precharge Time to 9
and Minimum RAS Active Time to 24

I used the same MB to build a system for my mom and dad, each time the auto setting was not right, I have to set the timings manualy and everything was good.
The same thing for my GA-990FXA-UD5 and Sabertooth 990FX

We have the same MoBo and similar RAM's, so this picture should help you.
Once you select the proper profile it should work fine, if not, change the settings manually.

Attachments

• Image0642.jpg
    Image0642.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 181
Ok, I see you have it set to manual,
now set the CAS# latency to 9,
RAS to CAS R/W delay to 9,
Row Precharge Time to 9
and Minimum RAS Active Time to 24

I used the same MB to build a system for my mom and dad, each time the auto setting was not right, I have to set the timings manualy and everything was good.
The same thing for my GA-990FXA-UD5 and Sabertooth 990FX

So this is what is showing up now, is it right?
I've read that the 799 is multiplied by two since its duel-channel just making sure its right.
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)

I just looked at your screen shot of your BIOS ram settings, set your CPU frequency to 200, with it set at 240, no wonder the MB thinks your trying to OC. And No, duel-channel has nothing to do with ram clock speeds, DDR3 is Double Data Rate memory, that means the for every clock cycle, the ram clocks twice.

So this is what is showing up now, is it right?
I've read that the 799 is multiplied by two since its duel-channel just making sure its right.
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)

Back