• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus FSB at stock, stuck on 200.66 MHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I have a Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0

Likely not that the model matter a hell of a lot?

I am a bit pedantic when I want to dial in the exact speed e.g. 4400.00 MHz exactly, and not 4414.79 MHz

But how do I get rid of the FSB being stuck on 200.66 at stock or any speed for that matter?

If you have it set to 200 MHz in the BIOS, there isn't much you can do. I don't see why this is a problem, though. I've not owned a system that ran exactly what was set in the BIOS.

I also noticed that you were missing your decennial badge, so I gave you that.

I did for a moment spot just once, when I switch to x22 or 4400 MHz set itself exactly on 200, but after a Prime95 crash it when back to the usual 200.66

I find it nice to have the round number, especially for taking CPUz screenshots and the likes of.

The Gigabyte X48-DS5 has been doing it perfectly for the last 4 years, and I am kind of use to that. I did have a couple of budget Gigabyte boards that where also bang on money as well.

Thats more me being OCD (ObsessiveCompulsive Disorder) rather than an OCD (OverClockers Decennial). Also alot older and fussy than I was when I joined obviously.

Back