• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple possible power supply issues/questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srlake314

Hey all,

This is my first post on the boards so forgive me if I'm not as technically voiced as others. However, I need help. I'll start with my first question.

I have the motherboard listed below along with an OCZ 800W power supply(I think that's the ps wattage). The biggest thing is, I had done some audio recordings and all was well. I walked away and when I had come back, the pc was off, front lights off, but MB lights still it and ps light on back on. I thought no biggy it just shut down. So I turned the PS off in the back and flipped it back on after a few minutes. All the lights on the mb came back on, and I press the cases power button, and for a brief second the cases lights lit up and a pftt sound came from the PS but no fans or anything, came on. The mb still was lit up the whole time.

I've unplugged the power supply for 10 minutes or more, now over 24 hours and the same thing. Any ideas? Is it the power supply?

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard

Second question, if it is indeed the powersupply, what would be a good one to replace it with?

My over all system is AMD 2X4gb black edition memory, ati HD 5770 vid card, NZXT 59 case, AMD Phenom 1090T black edition 6 core, and a WD 1TB sata HD.

Thanks!

Sean

I would test the PSU with the paperclip test link in my sig. If it tests good, I would plug it all back in and hit the go button, and then test the voltages the PSU is producing.

It could very easily by the PSU.

A Corsair CX430 can run that system easily enough, and is nice and cheap.

Back