• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last retail windows with multiple installs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiatsu

I built a PC for a family member and i'm about to build a work computer, i'll need a install for each and i'm not dropping 300+ on 3 different copies of win 8.

Windows 8 is per computer and i'm trying to find out which previous versions allow you to install on multiple computers.

Can you install an existing Windows Vista or 7 using the same key on each PC without activating them and then do the $40 Windows 8 upgrade on each? That's about the price of a single Windows OS.

Can you install an existing Windows Vista or 7 using the same key on each PC without activating them and then do the $40 Windows 8 upgrade on each? That's about the price of a single Windows OS.

That's a good idea, but sadly i need a disk, my computer came with windows from dell.

I think you can download a legit ISO from Microsoft (or Digitalriver) and burn that or place it on a USB stick and still use the key.

Back