• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CHV Formula-Z 1002 Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hilight

Asus posted a new bios for the Crosshair V Formula-Z yesterday-- 1002. The notes said it improves system stability. I've not had time to mess with it much to see if improves clocking but I have noticed it reports higher temps in Core Temp and HW Monitor...

Asus posted a new bios for the Crosshair V Formula-Z yesterday-- 1002. The notes said it improves system stability. I've not had time to mess with it much to see if improves clocking but I have noticed it reports higher temps in Core Temp and HW Monitor...

Do you think it increased the amount of juice it pumps into LLC?

Did the voltages remain exactly the same? I had a "stability upgrade" BIOS on a different AMD board, and the only thing it did was add a micro bump to voltage with LLC enabled, haha

Of course this came with a temp increase :cry:

Do you think it increased the amount of juice it pumps into LLC?

Did the voltages remain exactly the same? I had a "stability upgrade" BIOS on a different AMD board, and the only thing it did was add a micro bump to voltage with LLC enabled, haha

Of course this came with a temp increase :cry:

I didn't notice a voltage increase. I'd check again, but I'm currently waiting for a new power supply to come in before I wind the clocks back up again.

I didn't notice a voltage increase. I'd check again, but I'm currently waiting for a new power supply to come in before I wind the clocks back up again.

Haha, it very well may not be, but this is a trend I have noticed when it comes to "ZOMGorz we fixed stability!"

Back