• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble Setting Up GPU2 Client for ATI 6950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

I downloaded the GPU2 client from the F@H website. What I read indicated that this was the latest version of the client that supported my ATI 6950. When I tried to run the client from the command prompt with the -configonly flag, I get the error shown in the attached screenshot. What do? What is meant by "standard" client?

Attachments

• faherror.PNG
    faherror.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Goose,

Let us know what TPF/PPD you getting on the 11xxx wu's; I'd like to compare that to my 5870 that I dug outta the bottom of the drawer last week and got to folding.

Not sure how to check the stats for TPF (what is that anyways lol?), but my PPD says 11595. Keep in mind, I don't run this 24/7. On average, it will run uninterrupted for ~18 hours. I work an 8-5 job so it runs from the time I go to bed, until the time I get home. Then, I usually want to play some games for a few hours. :)

As of this writing, my PPD shifted 1 point up to 11596. It'll probably take a few days of consistent scheduling before I get an accurate number on how many PPD I'm actually getting.

My current WU's (PRCG?) 11293 and 7037. I'm guessing 11293 is the GPU and 7037 is the CPU. I wish this client had as much data on the WU's as HFM did - particularly the deadline. If I knew how much time I had, I might refrain from gaming if it meant I would miss a given deadline.

EDIT: After submitting this and looking back at my client, my PPD has gone up to 13850. Definitely gonna have to run on a consistent schedule to get a better idea of accurate PPD.

Well I've only just gotten back into folding. 2012 has been a pretty tough year for my computer. I've had problems on and off, but I'm finally getting things worked out again. I won't be able to run for a full week, but I could perhaps maintain 24hrs sometime this weekend. I'm about to replace my mb and will have a spare board and video card to put toward a dedicated folding rig. If I can find a good deal on cheap, compatible hardware I'll have it set up by early 2013. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.

Back