• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i overclock past the auto overclock feature?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cali_559

I have a amd 960t cpu ,asus M5A97 motherboard and 430w antec powersuply .I used the auto overclock feature and it never gets pass 3.6 as a quad or a six core.I want to know can i overclock pass that if i do it myself?I was planning to get a 650w power supply and some extra fans but i want to know if its the low 430w i have now is the problem.

What is the rest of your system specs? I doubt that the PSU is the issue at this time. If you look in my signature, there is a link to overclocking your famil of AMD chip, check it out. :)

What is the rest of your system specs? I doubt that the PSU is the issue at this time. If you look in my signature, there is a link to overclocking your famil of AMD chip, check it out. :)

I read that already.I kinda get everything but the ram part,a little too complicated for me.

Phenom II X4 960T unlocked X6 @ 3.6ghz
ASUS VS228H-P monitor
G.Skill Ripjaws (2x4GB) DDR3 1333
ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970
Antec EarthWatts Green 430W
XFX Radeon HD6850 1GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
COOLER MASTER Elite 311
OS Windows 7 64bit

Last edited:
Yeah, raise the CPU multiplier to 18.5 and see if it boots. If does run Prime 95 Blend mode for 20mins and see if passes.

Back