• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H60 vs H70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Fan that will fit??? (USE TO BE: Corsair H60 vs H70)

PLEASE JUMP TO: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7348387&postcount=37

EDIT^^^^

I been looking at buying another Corsair closed loop for my up coming HTPC project.

Looking at the H60 and H70, i cant help at wonder, what are the big differences?

My Current H70 has the thick radiator, but the new H70 systems are running a thiner radiators just like H60, the differences are tiny? An am i right in thinking
the theres the only real difference is 1 or 2 fans and the desing of the waster/pump block?

In any case, which should one go for?

EDIT:
This needs to fit into Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced.

Last edited:
Neither is worth a bit. Both are beat by better air cooling. Only the H80 comes close and the H100 is a bit better than top air cooling.

Still 8-10C less capable than real watercooling, spend $$ now, then replace it all later. Or get a top air cooler and save $$. You need real watercooling?

Neither is worth a bit. Both are beat by better air cooling. Only the H80 comes close and the H100 is a bit better than top air cooling.

Still 8-10C less capable than real watercooling, spend $$ now, then replace it all later. Or get a top air cooler and save $$. You need real watercooling?

I should put this in perspective, should have done from the start.
This is going into a Cooler Master Elite 120, i dont have endless amounts of room to stuff a huge 15feet tall air cooled monster into the case.

Ergo. Closed loops are better then any air out there i would presume (unless we go to H40)

Okay. Physics don't care about your size, there are many options for cooling. You choose what makes your situation work.

I'm just suggesting. And I agree the H40 is piece piece of crap, a bigger one than the 60 and the 70.

Okay. Physics don't care about your size, there are many options for cooling. You choose what makes your situation work.

I'm just suggesting. And I agree the H40 is piece piece of crap, a bigger one than the 60 and the 70.

So i should be looking at H80. Which i dont really want to, its not going to be a hardcore overclocking situation.

Im trying bid on an H100, and the stick that in my main rig and move the old type H70 to the new smaller PC. The Old thick H70 works fine.

Buying a cheaply made H100 sold by someone else? The H80/100 is made just good enough to make it past the warrenty period. It's CHEAP.

maybe our watercooling forum and the stickies would be better suited to help you.

Just get a rael good air cooling heatsink dude. And save your pennies.
WC isn't magic, and PLEASE don't tell me the H series is better than air.

Buying a cheaply made H100 sold by someone else? The H80/100 is made just good enough to make it past the warrenty period. It's CHEAP.

maybe our watercooling forum and the stickies would be better suited to help you.

Just get a rael good air cooling heatsink dude. And save your pennies.
WC isn't magic, and PLEASE don't tell me the H series is better than air.

I never said, H is better then air, but my H70 is doing fine. I would love to go full out WC, but the cost dont suit me right now.

And i dont understand what you mean by "buying a cheaply made H100 sold by someone else?

Your kind of throwing the question im asking out the window, and tell me to spend double on cooling a simple HTPC, that wont even be overclocked.

I would air cool it, its cheaper, but with a PSU less the 2cm above the the air cooling, its not what i want.

But i can see im not going to get anywhere from here on, so i'll buy what i pick to buy.

This is the issue i want to avoid!
img2145cx.jpg

I just finished installing a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme, and I have say that for $130 it is great all-in-one cooling solution. I've read the "Pro" version from Thermaltake is also a good bet.
The nice thing about these closed loop coolers that are on the market is they perform better than any air cooling (with 2 50dB fans) and run whisper silent.

My load temps are 10C lower than my previous Hyper 212 EVO with dual Cougar fans in a push/pull arrangement.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of a DIY water cooling loop, these ready made systems really aren't that bad.

I just finished installing a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme, and I have say that for $130 it is great all-in-one cooling solution. I've read the "Pro" version from Thermaltake is also a good bet.
The nice thing about these closed loop coolers that are on the market is they perform better than any air cooling (with 2 50dB fans) and run whisper silent.

My load temps are 10C lower than my previous Hyper 212 EVO with dual Cougar fans in a push/pull arrangement.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of a DIY water cooling loop, these ready made systems really aren't that bad.

I'm finding the Thermaltake versions are pretty darn capable-- The cheapo I have in my sig only cost me 19.99 off a Shell Shocker on newegg, and really is only about 1c under load less capable than an H80 (With a much smaller rad). It has much wider, much better hosing, and more than likely a pump with better water moving power.

I wouldnt' buy anything right now-- Corsair is releasing new, vastly improved versions of their closed-loop coolers very soon, just wait a few weeks :attn:

While your thinking this over my friend i will just post you this to look at to give you a idea for a cooler! AJ.

1, http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Enjoy Bro!

Buddy of mine gets about the same temps I do on an H80 with the Spire Thermex, that thing's an air-cooling MONSTER haha (both in cooling power and physical size)

I'm in the lead due to 5kRPM fans, but I'm sure if he put jet turbines on his, he'd take the crown back :attn:

I got a V8 for a cooler on my rig here,but been looking at the Phanteks PH-TC14PE it say's its better quiter cooling. And it looks cool to go with my case blue and white theme as well. AJ. :cool: :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608025

Noctua NH-L12
flip the fans around and have them blow into the intake of the power supply.

i am also of the opinion that all-in-one water cooling is inferior to heat pipe cooling because heat pipe heatsinks have no mechanical parts and will never fail and at the same time the only solution that seems to match air cooling performance is the h100, which has a pump that will eventually fail.

it would be an awesome mod to cram an h100 into that case then oc the crap out of it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608019

Noctua NH-C12P SE14
or you remove the fan from this heatsink and open up the power supply and flip the fan around so it exhausts air onto the heatsink if you what more mass on the cpu.

Last edited:
then i would suggest not even bothering, you will not see much performance difference.

I do think that when i have an HD6950 in the case, and a PSU right over the CPU, then single rad cooling with do better then an Aircooled system stuffed under everything.

Agreed, they just ain't up to normal expectations. But in situations like this, it might be a vaiable option.

In your PC pic, then the H70 would be as good as what you have as long as you got room for the rad. Even the limitations of the H70 would be better than what you currently have to deal with.

I do think that when i have an HD6950 in the case, and a PSU right over the CPU, then single rad cooling with do better then an Aircooled system stuffed under everything.

This is potentially true, if your case's ambient temps are high / not quite enough airflow for all things considered. Does an H80's extra thickness keep it from being a candidate?

I'd also consider some of the Thermaltake offerings, they seem to cool as well or even slightly better pound for pound :D

Back