• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for AM3 board (Phenom II 1065-T)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aspect404

Registered
Hello OC'ers!

I'm not looking for a board to overclock my phenom, but would like to replace the Foxconn I currently have. Any suggestions?

Have not been huge on hardware for some time now and the last I remember Gigabyte was pretty much as good as they came. Is this still the case?

T.I.A.

A huge waste of money to get a Asus Crosshair IV Formula for him.
I agree with the UD3 though or the Asus M5A99FX PRO/EVO is another option.

The question I have when suggesting a product is whether the user cares at all about upgrading at all in the near future. Most of these near $100 motherboards are not nearly the best for an FX bulldozer or piledriver cpu. They are just not heavy duty enough in my opinion and personal experience. They work but then the users come in here trying to overclock them with the later power hungry cpus and they have issues or the bios does not work just right or some thing that could be by-passed with a really good board to start with instead of a just get-by motherboard.

I know it is strokes for folks but in the long-run you will only get what you pay for. No free lunches. Well maybe from the gov but real life has no free lunches.

Get a good high end board to begin with and have something that can keep on giving. IMO. YMMV.

I clocked a 1090T on a Asus Crosshair IV Formula for a couple of years. It's as good or better than any other board you'll find for your 1065T--nice bios :thup:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644

Can only find on Amazon but will be looking at this.

Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 has surely done me well. Feature rich for the price and nice space layout.

I would go with either one of these 2 Mobo for your CPU, Best choice of all. AJ. :):thup:

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...514-TS,13-157-281^icn_ironegg_overlay_125x94#

AM3+ socket on those boards.

---

I guess that raises the question for me of, can I use an AM3+ board for an AM3 socket chip? I haven't kept up on the socket specs and based on the posts consider the + could represent higher speeds and not necessarily a physical form change.

EDIT

The question I have when suggesting a product is whether the user cares at all about upgrading at all in the near future. Most of these near $100 motherboards are not nearly the best for an FX bulldozer or piledriver cpu. They are just not heavy duty enough in my opinion and personal experience. They work but then the users come in here trying to overclock them with the later power hungry cpus and they have issues or the bios does not work just right or some thing that could be by-passed with a really good board to start with instead of a just get-by motherboard.

I know it is strokes for folks but in the long-run you will only get what you pay for. No free lunches. Well maybe from the gov but real life has no free lunches.

Get a good high end board to begin with and have something that can keep on giving. IMO. YMMV.

I don't plan on drastically upgrading this system even in the long run. The system I have now is great for gaming and I have moved away from the OC adventures. I wish to upgrade the board as it is the last piece of the puzzle so to speak when considering I purchase refurbished OEM systems then upgrade parts as needed. With the old parts, I can patch together systems for other uses.

If I go all out in the future, it will be a completely custom build, piece by piece and then I will consider the uber high end boards. As noted, the system is great as-is and an upgrade is not necessary, so I'm looking for a more of a 'best value' board somewhere in the upper middle echelon.

EDIT2

Thanks for all the comments thus far.

Last edited:
When i looked for the board for your CPU it came up the same as AM3, AM3+ or Phenom II all the same. Just take a look on Newegg it will explain regards AJ.

I got a bad impression of gigabyte boards awhile back when two of them in a row blew caps while I as doing some clocking.---But as you say, you're not going to do much clocking with this build. Still, with a high end board you can be sure never to have a problem with the board. My wife often inherits my older parts when I do an upgrade on my box, so I really like to have parts that'll last quite a few years without problems...

Hello OC'ers!

I'm not looking for a board to overclock my phenom, but would like to replace the Foxconn I currently have. Any suggestions?

Have not been huge on hardware for some time now and the last I remember Gigabyte was pretty much as good as they came. Is this still the case?

T.I.A.

I've got a Biostar AM2+/AM3 and I have that exact CPU (1065t is a rare one, found mine on Ebay). I haven't installed it yet but my Biostar 785 GE supposedly supports it without bios update. I haven't checked the latest models, but from what I've heard the brand is as good as Gigabyte and Asus sans marketing. I don't plan to upgrade mine or overclock mine. Unlike AM3, AM3+ doesn't support earlier AM2 chips. You can save with an Am2+ or an AM3 board (ideal). AM3+ supports the new FX chips and AM3 chips, but they cost a little more. For just AM3, this is one looks good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138329 I also have a couple ASRock boards which are also good.

Last edited:
Back