• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech and FrozenCPU Team Up with the MCP655-PWM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Interesting, It honestly makes me want to upgrade from my DDC-1T to a new bay res + a 655 PWM... Maybe in the spring.

Thanks GTXJackBauer. Nice find and great links. I am curious why Swiftech is the Laing PWM maker? Where is Koolance and Alphacool and others? Also wonder if the price will come down to compete with the 35x?

Unlikely. The D5 variants are already more expensive than almost every DDC model except for the 35x. I imagine this will continue to be in the top price bracket.

Thanks GTXJackBauer. Nice find and great links. I am curious why Swiftech is the Laing PWM maker? Where is Koolance and Alphacool and others? Also wonder if the price will come down to compete with the 35x?

I suppose Gabe has a manufacturing and import licence with Laing, and has the exclusive USA distribution rights for this PWM D5 pump.

It's still a D5 vario, look at the specs. Is it better than the 35x at a lower cost? You HAVE TO BUY THE RES PART. IT"S NOT THE FULL PUMP, which is still huge next to the 35.

It's not a win game till we see Gabes specs on the pump.

$100+ and an aftermarket res. Hmmm......

Con is correct. I believe performance will depend on which aftermarket housing is being used. Its just the motor that is being sold and not the housing included. I won't be suprised if Swiftech comes out with their own performance version of a D5 housing like they did with the 35x. Its similar to the MCP-35x in the case where all what was added was a PWM feature and a better housing. It does seem that the D5 PWM + Housing will cost more than a MCP-35x. I think its great for D5 folks but for me I'am happy with the 35x's small size and performance that packs a punch.

Edit: For this price of this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._Swiftech_PWM_Pump_Installed.html?id=gYfEZsRp you can get this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...C_Industrial_PWM_Pump_-_Black_MCP35X2-BK.html which includes a performance top (Black or White) from the manufacturer (Swiftech).

Last edited:
Back