• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bubbles in res and tube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

headpunk

Hey folks first time posting but iv always been admirer of the forum and it encouraged me to go down the watercooling avenue

My watercooling system is the the XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 WaterCooling Kit : EX Series Kit

this is my loop setup (res+ pump are in the bay)

jBHh2l.jpg

Where the arrow is, there's small bubbles in that and there's small bubbles in the pump

Iv tried numerous things to get rid of them like tilting up, down and side to side and having it on for a few hours but the bubbles dont seem to be going. I noticed somthing was wrong because the pump was noisy. Iv had the watercooling setup since friday and just hasnt been right since.

Any advice for me please?

If we are seeing the same thing, the tiny "champagne bubbles" can take weeks to resolve. You did the correct thing by tilting the case to remove larger bubbles from blocks & rads.

If that is all your bubbles and your loop is full and pump working correctly, you can wait it out and prepare to top off your reservoir when the water level drops over the coming weeks.

A noisy XSPC pump is another issue. The 750's are known for their failure rate so much that XSPC was shipping replacement pumps when a customer did an RMA with a video (XSPC said "keep the broken pump"). So they have pretty good RMA service if they fail. Good luck. :)

If we are seeing the same thing, the tiny "champagne bubbles" can take weeks to resolve. You did the correct thing by tilting the case to remove larger bubbles from blocks & rads.

If that is all your bubbles and your loop is full and pump working correctly, you can wait it out and prepare to top off your reservoir when the water level drops over the coming weeks.

A noisy XSPC pump is another issue. The 750's are known for their failure rate so much that XSPC was shipping replacement pumps when a customer did an RMA with a video (XSPC said "keep the broken pump"). So they have pretty good RMA service if they fail. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the reply

I also see those champagne bubbles in the res+pump too

Here's a vid of the bubbles and noise

Note that the bubbles are on the right of the res and in around the pump there

Hi headpunk. I saw a blurry blue picture with some bubbles on the right near the end of the video. I still didn't see any particularly large or unusual bubbles. It can be hard to get the last few bubbles out of a bay res.

I used to own a bay res that was hard to bleed. Running the pumps on full and then topping it off and closing the fill cap before shutting off the pump can help. Another option is a fill tube. XSPC may require a G 1/4" adapter on their res tops (not sure if they changed that yet).

But my concern is that noise like a chainsaw in the background. If that is your pump, please send a note to XSPC and see what they say after they listen. It's hard for me to believe that is normal so you may need an RMA.

Curious what others think. But I can't hear my twin 655/D5's at full speed. Thanks for the video. Please let us know what XSPC says. Good luck. :)

wtf@ that video... can u show us still pics? turn on some lights ffs, and off those drab glowing fans. PLS PLS PLS tell me you both leak tested AND bled/filled the system by shorting the PSU and NOT bot turning on the whole pc? it took me about an hour to "fully" get all the air bubbles out of the dif parts, and then WEEKS for all the mini/tiny air bubbles to disappear. you literally have to put the system in all positions (left side, right side, upside down, etc.) so you DEFINITELY want the system closed off when getting out air bubbles; the air bubbles dont need to come out, they just need to make it to the reservoir. when you refill the res, you're forcing out excess air from the system. i find keeping it filled to the max is the best way to bleed.

and yes, what is that loud noise? you might even have air in the pump. you REALLY have to follow the process of bump power on to the pump for 1-2 seconds, refill res, bump power, refill res, bump power... then, once the "system is full" you top off the res and pump power on while you move the system around in all weird angles, power off, refill res, power on, crazy angles, rinse and repeat. make sure the res is CLOSED off before doing all crazy angles. you just have to make sure that if there is an air gap in the res, that it stays away from the pump inlet as you move the system around. (otherwise you're just adding more air to the loop, hence wanting NO AIR GAP in the res for this process)

Back