• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DICE setting up what do i need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i will putting a Phenom II x4
it will be used to bench AGP cards
and lol paper towels i got lots of those :)

k i got my Artists Eraser turns out you can pick this up on newegg for pretty cheap
+ i got my probe also

can i left Artists Eraser on when im using air? or no take it off?

ya i forgot about those
i may just take them off when i have to use air

I would personally get some thick neoprene as well to help insulate the ram and such... You will also likely want 2 sleeves of neoprene on that pot (not just one) some thermo electric geese (vasaline works as well)... You will also want some glycol if you want an even heat distribution (you can substitute for other liquids that have a low enough freezing point, I just like glycol)... The high CFM fans are a very good idea... Hope this helped a bit :)

for a digital theremometer that one goes only to -50 is that good enough for DICE?
cause i lost the bidding but i see the same digital theremometer (everything same) for $32 buy it now
shouldn't i get a digital theremometer that goes lower than -50c?

You should be able to pick up a dual lead K-Type digital thermo off of fleabay for ~$45-50. Search for "Dual Ways Thermocouple"

As for the eraser when going air cooling, just make sure you dont fully cover the mosfets so you can put the heatsink back on. You can also rub a bit of vasoline over them after you do the eraser to seal the air gaps between the eraser and the fet.

I never tried dice but is theres a point on a digital theremometer since dice only goes down to -70c and can't really be controlled ?

And op I just use art eraser around the cpu sockets to the first pci-e slot and to the first dimm slot

I never tried dice but is theres a point on a digital theremometer since dice only goes down to -70c and can't really be controlled ?

And op I just use art eraser around the cpu sockets to the first pci-e slot and to the first dimm slot

Their is a point, since some chips cold bug. At that point you change the fluid in your pot from Acetone to something like Isophrophyl alcohol. Which results in not quite as low of a temperature. Its also helps when figuring out temperature swings of a processor under load. Its not abnormal on a high wattage processor to see a 10c swing in temperature going from idle to max load. This is even more useful to know when trying to balance the temperature of a pot around a cold bug.

You should be able to pick up a dual lead K-Type digital thermo off of fleabay for ~$45-50. Search for "Dual Ways Thermocouple"

As for the eraser when going air cooling, just make sure you dont fully cover the mosfets so you can put the heatsink back on. You can also rub a bit of vasoline over them after you do the eraser to seal the air gaps between the eraser and the fet.

Dual Ways Thermocouple shows nothing on fleabay (lol)
and is it needed/worth it to pay $20 more to be able to see past -50c?
cause $20 could go to more AGP unless its important thing i just know :shrug:

oh and im taking the art eraser everything i change back to air
i forgot about the amd mounting thingy so the art eraser will just get in the way + its better to be safe then srry

Yes its worth it, alot of the thermometers that can't go past -50c are actuall inaccurate from -30 and beyond, meaning that they wont be accurate for Dice useage.

k so what do i need?
link would be great (i would perfer the cheaper one :) )

i dont mind spending $50 for one that can go below -50c i just dont you to link me a $100 thermometer
but i dont know anything about this stuff
tell me what to buy and i will get it masters. lol

Back