• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kussaq

Registered
Hello,

I bought Asus GTX 570,

I replaced it to motherboard, and my screen wont take picture, Totally black screen :( And my Device manager wont recgonize it too :(

VGA adapted is this one: http://gyazo.com/175da0d91eadeddf74f000af88a310d7

i connected 8pin and 6pin also.

Fans are working and red and green led too

Maybe problem is that, i got 480w codegen PSU. Maybe it can't get full power?

Thank you!

Remove the 570, assuming you have onboard graphics hook back up the monitor to the motherboards onboard display adapter. Go into bios, ensure that the onboard graphics is disabled, save and quit. Then put the 570 back in, hook the monitor back up to the 570 display adapter. Assuming all else is correct, the system will now default display over to the 570. That is the only issue I can think of, other than your using the wrong DVI port on the 570 but I would hope you have tried that already.

Remove the 570, assuming you have onboard graphics hook back up the monitor to the motherboards onboard display adapter. Go into bios, ensure that the onboard graphics is disabled, save and quit. Then put the 570 back in, hook the monitor back up to the 570 display adapter. Assuming all else is correct, the system will now default display over to the 570. That is the only issue I can think of, other than your using the wrong DVI port on the 570 but I would hope you have tried that already.

I going to try that! :) EDIT: Still nothing. Maybe it's my codegen 480w problem? It's like 2 years old

Thanks for replying.

I looked device manager with onboard graphics and it didn't show any 570

Last edited:
I going to try that! :) EDIT: Still nothing. Maybe it's my codegen 480w problem? It's like 2 years old

Thanks for replying.

I looked device manager with onboard graphics and it didn't show any 570

You definetly need a 600w+ for that card.. I would say you got a minor easy to fix problem which happens to me a lot and is just a pain to deal with. Try unplugging the 570 and plugging it back in with he system off. If not then take the atx cable and unplug from mobo and plug back in and boot up. If its still not working switch the ports in the back of the card. Otherwise at worst your card is blown since its not recognizing it

You definetly need a 600w+ for that card.. I would say you got a minor easy to fix problem which happens to me a lot and is just a pain to deal with. Try unplugging the 570 and plugging it back in with he system off. If not then take the atx cable and unplug from mobo and plug back in and boot up. If its still not working switch the ports in the back of the card. Otherwise at worst your card is blown since its not recognizing it

I cleaned GTX 570 that part which goes into PCI slot, and now it works, and cleaned some molex pins too. :)
I'm very happy now. But i played Battlefield 3 and like 20 min then i got bluescreen.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1061

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 000000002E51D000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800032B8B38
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112512-15256-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kussa\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30092-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

GTX 570 has a TDP of around 225 watts if I remember correctly. 380-225 = 155 watts for everything else in your system. I'd say you're probably running pretty close to the edge on the power supply in a power hungry game like BF3, particularly if it's old or low quality. I'd recommend a quality 500w power supply or better. Don't go cheap on the power supply, get a good quality one.

GTX 570 has a TDP of around 225 watts if I remember correctly. 380-225 = 155 watts for everything else in your system. I'd say you're probably running pretty close to the edge on the power supply in a power hungry game like BF3, particularly if it's old or low quality. I'd recommend a quality 500w power supply or better. Don't go cheap on the power supply, get a good quality one.

I think im going for this PSU : SeaSonic S12II series 520W 85+ (Bronze)

This one what im using atm is just Crap, Codegen :(

Ya crashes like that at stock speeds typically indicate power power supply. Considering the brand and size of your PSU Id say its probably a safe bet. The Seasonic you selected is a high quality unit, I doubt you will have trouble with that one.

Ya crashes like that at stock speeds typically indicate power power supply. Considering the brand and size of your PSU Id say its probably a safe bet. The Seasonic you selected is a high quality unit, I doubt you will have trouble with that one.

So this SeaSonic is good choice or i need better one?
Budget is like 60 euro :)

Thanks for replying all too!

I'm from Estonia.

Back