• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ssd agility 3 60gb bad rating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnipeR1

Registered
Hi there everyone ,im new to this site,well actually the first time subscribing to anything.anyway, to the problem at hand, i hav a ocz agility 3 60gb for my os , when i first installed windows i got a wei score of 7.7,,,that was the onli thing about my pc that made me happy,then after a while it dropped to 6.9 :shock: ...i did some research so i made a few changes like ahci setting in bios and sata 3 port connectivity,blabla, end of the day still not getting my 7.7 that i originally had. and please people, no answers saying that wei aint important, coz it matters to me. any help ?

It usually breaks down the score for you, so which subscore is giving you the 6.9? If it's the hard drive, then make sure you don't have a lot of background programs accessing the hard drive while WEI is running, try cleaning down your notification area or using taskmanager to get rid of every non-essential program, then run the experience index again.

Wei is still useless...for EXACTLY the the reasons you are asking the question. Its inconsistent at best and makes you chase some magic unicorn for no reason.

Anyway, what score dropped? Was it only the hdd? Run atto and post a screenshot.

lol yea back when i had crossfire 4870's one 4870 gave me a better graphics score than CF, and ive read that people with raid SSD's get worse scores on there than single SSD's of the same.

oh, sorry about the lack of info there. my scores are as follows
cpu-7.6
ram-7.6
desktop gfx-7.4
gaming-7.4
ssd/hdd-7.4

i managed to raise my hdd rating up to 7.4 from 6.9 in the week,
by changing from ide to ahci setting and re installing windows, but still not
the 7.7 i previously had. iv googled a few tweaks and il give it a try when i get home
later, but other than this do you think it could be a power issue?

i also think that WEI updates for newer hardware it could just be lowering the score i know when i bought win7 my 3870x2 got a 7.9 on the video and now i doubt it would be close. i dont even think my 6950 gets 7.9 now

Woah, reinstalling Windows just for the wei? Unless you don't plan to ever install a standalone program on this computer, that score won't stay the same...

As earthdog stated the WEI is a very poor measurement for performance because of its inconsistency. I would run AS Ssd or atto to check the performance of the drive.

As an example my main system gets worse scores in WEI than my one from 3 years ago.

hehe. I re install windows in 30mins and install all my software afterwards in about 30 mins aswell, iv re installed windows on this pc at least 9 times in the last few months trying to get my original score and keep in mind that i dont have an internet connection at home so i dont have windows updates , only sp1. other than that I have exactly the same software i had 1 year ago un-updated.

could someone please post a pic of the scores i should be getting in atto? that way when i get home i can compare it with what im getting?

you guys will hear if i made any significant improvement with my drive tommorrow after 9 because i only have internet access at work.

time to get home n troubleshoot:comp:

WEI is a waste dont base anything off of it, its so buggy its stupid. as long as its still snippy fast i wouldnt bother with it.

Please share how you manged to get it back up there... that will help others find their magic unicorn. :)

Sure I followed these steps :
After u made sure that the ahci settings are enabled and its plugged into a sata 3 port,
1 . Change power plan to maximum,
2. Disable start up programmes that's not needed,
3.Change defrag schedual to never.
4.Disable windows search service .
5. Disable hibernation.
6.Remove page file from c:drive(ssd)
7. Modify windows system restore to 1%,
8.Enable write caching on ssd device.
9.Untick "allow files on this drive to hav contents indexed in addition to file properties" in ssd properties.
10.Turn off super fetch ,prefetch in windows- "hkey_local_machine. System. Current control set. Control . Session manager. Memory management prefetch parameters, then modify binary data from 3 to 0,
N yeah, that should do the trick, I'm sorry I can not go further in detail guys, I'm typing from my phone,
Hope this helps

Sure no prob, hope it helps someone else, n another thing iv ran a benchmark using performance test 64bit and I got a better score for my c: drive, so its def a win win,,

Hey sorry to completely change the topic, but i seem to be having problems with core temp gadget, it doesnt show an accurate reading of my proccessor core speed, i have an i5 2500k and i overclocked it to 4ghz but it still shows as 3.3ghz but in cpuz it shows as 4ghz. is there anything i can do to get accurate readings guys? or any other software that can do the same job?

My single agility gets 7.7 also when I first install windows but 7.4 after I have it ~75% full. Thats why I bought another and put them in raid 0 and now it's always 7.9.

That said, WEI is useless.

Back