• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Gaming Mobo for FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSchoolNinja

Registered
Wakirimas Brethren,

I am trying to return my FX-4170 to New Egg. I want to go with the FX-6300.

I would like some recommendations for a high end/best motherboard to match that cpu and a GeForce 560TI GPU.

It will be for gaming primarily.

Any advice?

Sincerely,

Old School Ninja :sn:

Wakirimas... doesnt that mean "understand"?

To start off, you do not require a 'high end/best motherboard'? If you are overclocking and gaming on it only, a midrange mobo will be just fine. If you WANT one, well, that is of couse up to you.

Last edited:
If you want high end MB's, just about any 990FX will do, I have a GA-990FXA-UD5 for my FX-8150

If you want high end MB's, just about any 990FX will do, I have a GA-990FXA-UD5 for my FX-8150

Concur and highly reccomend-- One of the better boards for the price :D

Good call on going for a 6300 by the way, they game and OC like champions-

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

I don't see the CHV-z board for sale at the EGG, they must be out of stock.

So for me and the FX-6300 it would be the Sabertooth board. I know what the bios will do and allow for easy settings in searching out an overclock.

Equally as important will be good case air-flow and a good cpu cooler since the PileDriver cpus run faster at default speed and that means at default they draw pretty close to the same power and give off heat at a rate that many made minor overclocks to with BullDozer 6100 cpus.

Not much said about it but PileDriver is mostly a BullDozer that is PRE-overclocked from the factory and will draw more power and give off more heat than the stock BullDozer series did.

Back