• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to OC (intel e8400 3.0Ghz) to 4.0Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ic

Hi ppl
My rig is:

mbo: GA-EP43-DS3 (bios F10b)
memory : Mushkin pc2-6400 2x2gb (dual channal)
cpu cooler: lc power LC-CC-95

plz help! :)

those chips are super easy to achieve this but im not too sure about the p43 chipset on the board but its prettymuch raise fsb and vcore to achieve it, also lower the memory multiplier though if you want 1-1 that could be difficult. i know my old e8400 ran 3.6ghz on stock voltage.

Post the VID and stepping of your chip. You can find the VID by opening Real Temp--> VID field, and the stepping by opening CPU-Z to the CPU tab--> Revision field. Also post the EXACT model of Mushkin you have.

P43 could be limited... that said, along with others help here, there is a link to a VERY comprehensive guide in my signature (How to OC C2D/C2Q). I would read that in between replies.

i see your a cod4 jumper :D
looks like your multi is low should be at 9 not 8.5, also make sure all power saving stuffs are off in bios (all the c states)
according to your motherboard data on their website looks like 1600 (O.C.) rates fsb is the highest so fsb 400 is all your gonna get? which will bring you to 3.6ghz unless im missing something else

Last edited:
Also, to get 4GHz, you'll have to run the FSB at 444-445MHz at minimum. This means your RAM will have to be able to handle running at that speed (DDR2-890). Personally, I'd set the CPU multiplier to 6 and start increasing the FSB to see how far your board+RAM will go (may need to increase NB and/or RAM voltage and maybe loosen RAM timings). Once you can get to 445MHz FSB, stress test there keeping the CPU at 6x445MHz (2.67GHz) so you'll be testing just the board/RAM. If that passes, then you'll know the board+RAM won't limit you and you can start increasing the CPU multiplier and vcore.

yep i love cod 4 <3
i buy a new gpu only for cod 4 ( amd hd radeon 6950 2gb ddr5) :D
3.6ghz greate ! :D

How to do what? Overclock? In my signature is a link on how to do that... check it out.

But basically, as MattNo stated, you need to raise your FSB, and likely some NB voltage as well. Basically, add .1v to your CPU (vcore), .1 to NB, and lower your memory muliplier so its running below its rated speeds (details in the guide I mentioned above, and the day before).

Back