• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Freezer 7 Pro rev2 andi7 2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnO356

Got my new 2600K cpu and planned on using the subject cooler, OC'ing to ~4.0. Been waiting to mount it until I get my MX-4. Now I read on another forum that this cooler won't handle it and I'd like to get some opinions on that. If the stock cooler will handle 4.0 then it seems to me this should handle slightly higher. I've been using the cooler on my i5 2500 for about a year and it keeps the temp down around 29/30c. If it matters I have a DP67BG Extreme mobo.

4.0Ghz is a fairly mild OC. I wouldn't think temps at that speed would be out of hand. The stock cooler or that Arctic Freezer 7 should be fine. There's probably even a good chance you won't have to increase your voltage to hit 4.0.

Thanks for the reply. I"ve been told that voltage probably wouldn't have to be raised. I hope not, want to keep the temps down. I think I'll go with the Arctic Cooler, but the application of the paste on the stock cooler is "beautiful". The best I've ever seen.

paste might look good but the cooler is utter crapola lol. Even if the freezer can handle the temps I'd recommend something more current. But please post results when ya get it on and oc'd I'd be interested in seeing how it handles it.

S_I_N, you asked me to post back. I oc'd to 4.0 using the Overclock Assistant in the BIOS (v2040). The only change made was the processor speed. I decided to try the Intel cooler first and my temps in Intel Desktop Utilities and in CPU-Z are 33 idle and the highest I saw it go in FSX was 63. I have all sliders at max, frame rate ~75 with just a very slight shimmer. I'll fix that in the morning after I raise the oc to 42. That may be too high, don't know, but if the voltage changes and temps go too high, I'm just going to revert to 4.0 and keep it there.

One problem I have is with my power supply wires. I have a 600W Thermaltake and it has a lot of insulation on the wires which make for a big mess of wires in the case. This is cutting down on air flow from the front fan. I don't know who made my case, but it has NVIDEA on the front and no place to route the wires. I know I bought it from Newegg just over a year ago when I built this thing. Do you know of a good ~600W supply with small diameter wiring? Can't tell anything by looking at them on the net.

Anyway, right now I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
Back