• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New SSD, Write Speed Low, Won't Shut Down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raveryn

Registered
Hey, appreciate any help on this matter....

Got a new laptop, got a Samsung 840 PRO, used data migration, benchmark showed dramatically low write speeds and computer would get stuck in hibernation

Called Samsung who told me drive was defective. Did an exchange through NewEgg and got a new one.

Followed the same steps, benchmark still shows dramatically low write speeds and computer won't shut down properly....windows shuts down but laptop stays on with black screen.

Read speed shows fine at 517mb/s but write speed shows 23mb/s using AS SSD.

Checked the firmware and its the newer firmware without the bugs. SATA set to AHCI. I'm using an Msi gt60 0nd laptop. Is it possible I got another defective drive?! Or is it more likely some settings are off? If so can anyone help me out? I've had nothing but grief from this whole experience. :-/

Nevermind. I ran the system optimization utility in the included Samsung Magician software and my write speeds jumped to 490 mb/s and my computer shuts down now. Thanks.

Back