• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990fxa-ud5 & FX6300 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-RYknow

Hey guys. I recently built a new system to use as a server. Here are the systems specs.

GA-990fxa-ud5
FX6300
32gb Gskill DDR3 1600
XFX 7800GT (waiting on new GPU)
Samsung 820 pro (128GB) SSD
6x Seagate 3TB drives in raid 6
H60 (push/pull Noctua NF-F12's)
Corsair HX750

Currently have Windows 7 installed for benchmarking and stability testing.

My issue is it's been awhile since I've built a new machine...and it's been even longer since I've built an AMD (last AMD was an Opteron 170). I'm unfamiliar with the bios and need a second set of eyes on this setup.

I started by running Memtest for 48hours. No errors, but I remember my ram was not showing the correct speed or timings at that time (I can't remember the exact numbers, but I can get them if need be). I didn't think much of it, I was more interested in getting this thing through it's paces. I've moved on to LinX. I just ran Linx for over 3 hours and this is what it got me.

LinXIssue.jpg

Something doesn't seem right to me. It only finished one test, the gflops is terribly low, and it took over 3 hours to get where it was. All my settings are stock, with the exception that I manually set my memory timings (9-9-9-24).

Here is another quick screen shot.

LinXIssue2.jpg

Hopefully something here is a glaring issue to you guys. Right now, I'm not looking to overclock. I want rock solid stability, and I want my ram running at it's rated speed....I also want LinX to finish in under 50+ hours.

Thanks,
-RYknow

I just checked the RAM tab in Speccy. It claims my RAM is currently Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz).

So there is some dumb setting I'm missing.:bang head

-RYknow

If you take a look at your CPUz Memory tab shot you posted you will see your ram IS running it's rated speed of DDR1600 in fact it is running DDR1610 since the CPUz shot shows 805 Mhz which is doubled to get the DDR rated transfer speed.

I have never owned 32 gigs of ram but have seen some running it and it takes a very very long time to run passes with 32gigs.

You can raise your CPUNB speed and the ram should have a faster transfer lane opened to it.

Back