• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm lost and confused..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBrat

Registered
Hello All, this going to be a bit long but please bear with me as I'm a work in progress..I got a new ssd a kingston ssd now 200 v+ 90 gig (may not be the best but as it cost only 60 dollars figure I would give it a try.) Anyways I have it installed with just the OS at the moment with all the drivers.

Questions..
1) As my mb only has sata 2 ports will this keep me from getting the full benefits of the drive? (kind of figured it will so will upgrade mb next week) but need confirmation.
2) Did I goof when I installed my drivers as I install the amd sata drivers instead of leaving the the microsoft sata drivers?
3) Can I erase/ reformat my 500 gig hd since the OS is on the ssd and use the the hd for storage, is there anything special I need to do to have my programs load to the hd, or will in need to load them to the ssd then move them?

I have the ssd on achi mode and and the ssd is on my sata port 2 and the hd is on sata port 3, wei score went from 5.9 to 7.5 so that is much better.(7.4 for the rest) Any offer suggestions and thank you for any assistance.

1. Correct.
2. I think you want to use the MS drivers on AMD.
3. Nothing special. When installing something, just point it to that drive.

WEI is a useless barometer of peformance, so run it (as it sets up the system for an SSD), but outside of that, dont worry about it. Run ATTO to see if you are getting the results you are supposed to (in your case, on Sata2, it will be around 280/280).

So do i need to re-install windows to get the microsoft drivers? and thank for the assit..

here the ATTO with the amd drivers.. is it ok..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
ok..ty is there away to install the microsoft sata drivers with out doing a fresh install? or am I ok till I get my new mb..

Back