• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MacBook Pro Retina GT 650M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AVAR0

Hey guys I was wondering if I oc the GT 650M and I put a cooler under the MBP will be able to run BF3 at ultra with resolution of 2800x1800 I know that I am asking is crazy on Laptop but 1 guy told me it can run it with 10- 15 fps so with a oc I think will be great isn't?

I sincerely doubt it and 10-15 fps is not really playable in most people's opinion.

That is a nice resolution. However I highly doubt you can even run the game. GT 650m at the resolution will cause so many performance crashes. 10-15 frames is not playable in my opinion. My advice is start by running it on very low settings. You wont need any MSAA or anything which sucks up hardware capability since you will be playing at such a high resolution. Everything will look nice regardless. Try running on the lowest settings.

You can measure real time FPS in the BF3 console command...

type

render.drawfps 1
render.drawfps 0 to disable (will disable upon exiting)

Let us know I am curious as to how it does.

Back