• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What router should I purchase?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n8t3

Registered
Last edited:
out of those two i would go with the Asus personally i hate netgear products and reason your not sticking with linksys? i have always had great luck with them i would go for something like this one

I've had bad experiences with Linksys. My last two routers from them have been problematic.

Are you running the stock firmware on it?

I'm still rocking my WRT54G routers with DD-WRT firmware, faultless :D

I had my 54gl for a few years and finally just replaced it with the Asus n60 I believe is the model number.

The 54g would just have random times it would drop connectivity if I was using all of my bandwidth (50mbit down)

That was with both tomato and dd-wrt firmwares.

ASUS RT-N66U gets my vote, as it is what I am currently using. It has a nice interface, easy QoS setup, and the traffic monitor tab is extremely useful.

I would get the Asus. Without a doubt. That said, check out the RT-N56U. It's almost $50 cheaper, and for most people is more than enough.

I have about 5 Asus routers in production without a hiccup for YEARS.

Thanks for your input guys, I went with the Asus!

Back