• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Whats with memtest stressing my sticks at 2666 ??? I dont often use this programme so it may do this all the time, but i never really take much notice of anything other than the error heading, im running 2000mhz sticks on the test so why would it stress at 2666 (it passed anyway :attn: )

image-14.jpg

There are errors while reading memory ratio/bclk on higher clocks. Probably 1333/1600 will be recognized without issues but higher depends from board and memory. I have the same even on DDR1 when I set too high memory ratio.
On the other hand it's better to test memory stability in windows as memtest86+ is not testing full IMC+ memory load. Try to use something like IBT, Prime95 or HCI memtest for windows ( in this case run 4 instances for 3570K ).

Probably need higher voltage and better cooling on IB. My BBSE are going up to 2400 for tests but 1.8V+ with high rpm fan.

On the other hand it's better to test memory stability in windows as memtest86+ is not testing full IMC+ memory load. Try to use something like IBT, Prime95 or HCI memtest for windows ( in this case run 4 instances for 3570K ).

I thought Memtest 86+ is better than Windows for memory testing so you don't take the risk of corrupting your data with unstable RAM.

I thought Memtest 86+ is better than Windows for memory testing so you don't take the risk of corrupting your data with unstable RAM.

Well, when you run windows and won't run any additional programs then it's low chance to corrupt any important data. If you are able to boot into windows then memory isn't so much unstable ;)
Main reason between memtest86+ and windows programs is that under windows you see if IMC can handle full memory load. Memtest86+ will test memory but you still won't be sure if everything is stable as tests may pass on lower IMC or NB voltage. It's happening mainly on newer platforms since IMC is integrated in cpu.

Back