• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair Formula Z Issue - Cannot detect bootable device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heater

Just started having an issue with my main rig. Few days ago it started showing no bootable device error when restarting or starting the rig. Only way to get it to boot is to continusly hit reset until it detects the HDD. I have tried my using my Force 3 and M4 SSD as boot disks, as well as a WD Green 1.5tb and the 250gb seagate and they all give me this error. No bios update from when it started happening, and currently cant access Asus's site to dl new bios. Doesnt matter if everything is at stock, one of my 8320s are in, or anything but when i OC by fsb it seems to happen more.

Is it time to RMA this board? no issues with either of my AsRock Extreme 4 rigs so im thinking its something on the MB.

is the drive plugged directly into the motherboard sata ports?
if yes try another cable first.
if no plug sata cable directly into sata 1-6 and give it a try.

I had this happen to me with the same motherboard and it happened only when I was playing around with the fsb, i just hit f5 in bios to run optimized defaults and then everything worked again

I ended up just overclocking by multiplier and voltage increase only, another thing that happened when i was playing around with the fsb when i did get everything to boot was my wireless network card would not be detected and 2nd hard drive would not be detected either and prime would drop workers instantly. When i get more time i will play around with more settings. Also besides lowering memory what other settings should i lower to help with stability problems?

Back