• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 3770K with Corsair H60 (Installation Help!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogesh12

Registered
Hi,

My PRocessor easily breaks around 94-99 when given load and in idle it stays around 40-55 (without AC on).

I think this is same reading as with stock cooler.. i read in some sites that it is good and thats reason why i bought it.. after doing a lot of research i am doubting my setup.. Currently the Corsair Sticker is facing inside the cabinet, towards radiator.. is it fine? do i need to turn the fan as it faces outside?? it should throw air inside or it should suck?? some visual guide will be really really thankful!!! :)

from 0.39-0.42 it is showing onside and afterwards its showing other side of fan.. thats y i am confused!

If your rad is in the same position as his most people will have the fan sucking air out of the case through the rad so it would be case>fan>rad with air flow going <--- But this shouldn't affect temps by much, the times you linked are because he has replaced the stock fan with the one coming with the H60.

yes i am also using the same fan as i got with H60.. but it looks like its worse than stock.. as that also easily hits 90-100 when overclocked.. i have given power connection of fan in mobo as its 3 pin. is it fine? can it be a cause?

This is a little bit difficult without pictures, what's the make and model of your motherboard? What program are you using to measure temps? try using this screenshot the results and post them here. Is it hitting 90-100 under load or idle?

yes its under load... i just left my pc for installation of vs 2010 sp1, and i was playing Assasins creed revelations. at that time it was hitting 85.. after that when vs + two other applications were installing it exceeded.. around 97-99 max in all core. i measured with real temp. i will play again today and i will see if it exceeds. but 85 is really easy when under load i guess. any software to increase load in cpu? (apart from prim95)??

Post a screenshot of your real temp later on and I can go from there. Also include cpu-z screenshots of all the tabs. It also might be worth making sure your pump is plugged in correctly, I have my h100 cpu block/pump plugged into the cpu fan header and my rad fans on other 3 pins.

i have attached image. immediately when i run prime95 it directly touched 100+. so i stopped it and i cant take screenshots as its new processor and i dont want to fry it up... :(

please guide me.. currently fans are running. my rad fan is throwing air inside radiater.. i am not sure... but sticker is facing in.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 797
Wow that's hot. Try turning your Overclock off and then come back to me with another screenshot.

another screenshot. i will turn off oc and again run prime95 for few secs and come back. just give me a min :)

Attachments

• pic 2.png
    pic 2.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 750
its in normal mode (asus uefi bios + i reset to optimized defaults.. ) idle temp is aroun 45-55 is it normal with h60 cooler?

Attachments

• pic 3.png
    pic 3.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 810
Did you remember to use some TIM when mounting the pump/block to the CPU? Have you checked, by simply touching the pump when it's active, to see that it's pumping? All wiring hooked up correctly?

That's still high... and Robert17 doesn't it come with it pre applied? +1 to the checking if the pump is working.

exactly dont know what is tim... but how i installed is,

1. CPU

a. Installed CPU and locked brackets
b. added cpu screw holder at back of mobo
c. then kept corsair cpu unit and then tightened the screws (i got some two metal pieces but in guide it was written as it was for amd.. so din bothered.)

FAN:

a. installed fac with corsair sticker facing in then radiator.

anything i left out?? i am changing fan direction just to be sure... i will post back in few mins. please guide me...

TIM stands for thermal interface material, it's the silverly liquid stuff that goes inbetween the cpu and the water block to help transfer heat. there should be a 3 pin connector coming out of the cpu block, is this plugged in?

ya applied artic silver material.. now i reversed direction of fan but same results.. ya its plugged in cpu fan port. what fan do we get with h60?? brushless fan right? radiator takes air in or out?

When the computer is on if you touch the pump can you feel it pushing the water around? The direction of the fan shouldn't affect your temperatures by much at all. And okay so you have the pump 3 pin in the cpu fan port and the rad fan in a separate 3 pin fan header.

when i tough unit i dont feel anything but when i touch pipes its vibrating..

Last edited:
Okay so your getting 70'c under load... that's an improvement, check the cpu block make sure it's got good contact with the cpu but not too tight. And that's good if you can feel a flow... Im running out of ideas here. So far we have:

Made sure the fan is pulling air out of the case. Sticked pointing in Case>fan>rad.
Made sure the pump is plugged in and the fan is spinning
We know there is flow as you can feel it in the tubes.
We have removed the overclock.

have you tried reseating the water block on cpu? Unscrewing it taking a look then trying again. This may make the TIM a bit untidy but I can't imagine that having a huge affect on temps.

Back