• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 7 64 kernel power issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bittbull187

Registered
been getting errors like this all through event viewer
Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

also been reading its from a conflict with me having speedstep and other power savers off in bios, i am overclocked but only rebbot when playing games. anyone know of a fix or patch for this?

Try enabling EIST (SpeedStep), and make sure you're running the latest v83 BIOS revision.

ok will do, eist is only a trottle so when the computer is not being used it throttles down, but when you need the power it ramps back up? i just always had those features off without problems. but i iwll try

I'm assuming your 4.2GHz overclock is Prime, LinX, OCCT, or IBT stable, and Memtest86+ passes without errors.

I'm assuming your 4.2GHz overclock is Prime, LinX, OCCT, or IBT stable, and Memtest86+ passes without errors.

yea ive been beating the crap outta this oc stressing and what not, itbt 20 run very high, even backed down to 4.2 and tried same events, so im back at 4.3 and waiting for another crash, when i had eist enabled i gamed fine... i dont think its the oc. something in windows power saving have all plans set for no sleep etc, o i also ran aida 64bit for 24 hours no errors

been getting errors like this all through event viewer
Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

Windows may falsely complain about the firmware being out of date for the following:

1: ATA controller error, because of a cable problem or bad ATA controller.

2: Wrong BIOS settings.

3: Corrupted CMOS* -> just clear the CMOS, that means also take out the CR2032 battery, move the CMOS jumper to the other position for a few seconds, put the jumper back into the original position, reload BIOS defaults when prompted, re-enter your BIOS settings and try again.

*Do not attempt to flash the BIOS!! In this context, it's not because of a corrupted BIOS ROM!

A weak CR2032 battery may be the culprit.

Last edited:
ok thank you for your reply, i have checked all cables reseated etc, everything looked good. will get a new battery when i get off of work today. :attn:

Windows may falsely complain about the firmware being out of date for the following:

1: ATA controller error, because of a cable problem or bad ATA controller.

2: Wrong BIOS settings.

3: Corrupted CMOS* -> just clear the CMOS, that means also take out the CR2032 battery, move the CMOS jumper to the other position for a few seconds, put the jumper back into the original position, reload BIOS defaults when prompted, re-enter your BIOS settings and try again.

*Do not attempt to flash the BIOS!! In this context, it's not because of a corrupted BIOS ROM!

A weak CR2032 battery may be the culprit.

ok so i got a battery going to clear cmos with the button on back of mobo, then put in new battery, will keep posted hope this solves my issue

same problem, event 41 kernel power gaming. replaced cmos bat etc, going to do more reading on google problem still not solved

You didn't mention whether you flashed the BIOS or not, and if you receive the error even when at the default clock.

sorry for that i have flashed my bios to a fresh 83, uninstalled onboard audio, diabled nvidia audio etc yes it still turns off stock settings. maybe a post of event viewer would help do i just copy and paste? not to forum savy sorry

When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 12/14/2012 12:19:42 AM
Event ID: 35
Task Category: (2)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Bittbull187-PC
Description:
Performance power management features on processor 5 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}" />
<EventID>35</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>2</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-12-14T05:19:42.919602500Z" />
<EventRecordID>16004</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="48" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Bittbull187-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Group">0</Data>
<Data Name="Number">5</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

there are 35 of these in the last hour... lol also not sure if this is the right one the critical error have no bug codes etc just says 0.

Do you have SP1 installed? In addition to having already enabled EIST, try enabling Turbo and the CxE State power saving functions.

I would default the clock speed first, then make sure those items are enabled. We're just troubleshooting the Event ID: 35 at the moment, so defaulting the clock and the power-saving features would be the first step.

ok update with everything back to stock settings with power stuff on still getting event 41 so in both i am failing, ran memtest without any errors as well as hardrive checks etc... rather annoying issue as i can do everything else but play games ....

i will keep looking for a fix to try:bang head see how many times there are errors never had this issue up until recently with win7...

Attachments

• event35.PNG
    event35.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,483
  • event41.PNG
    event41.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,432
Last edited:
Assuming your RAM is running at DDR3-1862 (133 BCLK x 14 DRAM multiplier) w/ XMP Profile #1 enabled, try taking MCH Strap off Auto and set it to 1600MHz, including VTT voltage from the default of 1.17V to ~1.25V or higher depending on how much RAM is installed.

Assuming your RAM is running at DDR3-1862 (133 BCLK x 14 DRAM multiplier) w/ XMP Profile #1 enabled, try taking MCH Strap off Auto and set it to 1600MHz, including VTT voltage from the default of 1.17V to ~1.25V or higher depending on how much RAM is installed.

i cant use the xmp profile for this ram its 2000mhz tried it wouldnt post i set it physically to 1600 it boots fine.

I forgot you're overclocked to 4.2GHz (200 x 21; 200 x 10 = DDR3-2000). Regardless, try changing both the strap (Auto to 1600MHz) and the VTT (1.25V or higher if need be) as I noted above.

Back