• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC seems slow and laggy in and out of games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitzo2012

Registered
Hi I built me a new pc a few months ago and after the first month i have had issues with lag in game and out. Also with it seeming slower than normal lately. I have no idea what it could be so i joined this forum to hopefully figure it out. Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Specs

CPU- I5 3570k OC to 4.43 at 1.33 volts temps under load-- max 50c

GPU- 7950 OC to 1000 on the core and 1300 on the memory with 1.093 volts. Max temps under load at around 55.

Mobo- Asus p8z77 V deluxe.

Ram 8gb of corsair stock at the moment.

Psu 650 watt corsair

CPU liquid cooling H100 with push pull config set up on it.

10 fans including the ones on the H100 on my full ATX NZXT switch 800.

I have ran prime test for 8 or more hours to check stability on CPU and it passed.

3D mark test scored 8743 but recently it has dropped down to 8523 when i tested it yesterday compared to when i first over clocked about a month ago.

Hope all this helps thx again to anyone who helps me.

Also nothing has been loaded on my pc but origin bf3 mohwf farcry 3 and cpu gpu programs to help tweak and watch temps. as well as steam but no steam games besides far cry 3

have you applied windows/driver updates recently?

scanned for viruses?

corrupted registry?

if the overclock is stable its got to be software conflicts or a trojan virus.

Gaming lag is caused by your network/server you are connecting to... are you sure you are having lag issues or something else? Please be a bit more descriptive so we can help out.

I have updated all drivers ran multiple virus scans. seems when i try and open Mozilla it takes awhile to open. as well as other programs. seems to be taking longer to boot up my computer as well. and as for in game its lag spikes where i go 30 40 sec with non stop lag where i cant move or play the game. gets really choppy. I currently have verizon fios for internet. What i dont get is it worked great at first but seems to be degrading fast.

also im not 100% sure my GPU is stable i have tried taking it back to stock but that didnt help. I have yet to crash from the oc on it and no artifacting. as for my cpu i am sure that is stable.

your overclock may be mildly unstable which will cause registry errors.

Ok so is there anyway to make it stable if it is not. I know each card can be different even when it is same brand and model.

Main hard drive is a 500gb western digital 7200 rpm i believe mite have to recheck when i get home.

GPU is at 1000 on core 1300 on memory 1.093 on volts everything else was left alone. Not to sure of a good gpu stability test. Besides 3d mark

Last edited:
GPU is at 1000 on core 1300 on memory 1.093 on volts everything else was left alone. Not to sure of a good gpu stability test. Besides 3d mark

post the overclocked settings from your motherboard's bios, frequencies, voltage, options, etc. and full system specs.

Hi sry i have been really busy lately and aprecieat all your help it ended up being a driver issue had 12.10 and 12.11 beta installed and they conflicted with each other. removed and reinstalled driver fixed it thx again

Back