• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! will my graphics card work ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennybean12345

Registered
Hi, I am using an asus m5a78l-m ,usb3 motherboard, and an AMD fx-4170 .And I was wondering if a sapphire radeon hd7870 (11199-03-20g) graphics card would be compatible ? Please help! :D:D:D:D:D

Yes, your board has a PCI-e x16 Graphics port, so there is no reason why it wont. Unless you have a real wek PSU, I see no problems.

Okay, now I want to know if my PC parts are all compatible ?

aerocool vs-4 mid tower case

Asus m5a78l-m usb3 motherboard

And bulldozer FX 4-100

Corsair xms3 4gb ram

Sapphire radeon hd7850

antec earthwatts ea-550 platinum psi

Western digital caviar blue 500gb

Liteon ihas122-18 22x dvd-re

please answer, asap

Just go to ASUS' web site, find your board and it will list compatible CPU's.
Is the HDD SATA? if so you're good.
Is the DVD Rom SATA? If so you're good.
PSU, no problem.
What speed is the memory?
Mid tower case should be fine.

Yes, everything there should work. The CPU is listed on the motherboard's CPU support list and it will be fine at stock frequencies and voltages but I wouldn't count on being able to overclock it much on that board if that is your goal. Pretty low end motherboard. Will you plain on using the stock cooler that comes boxed with the CPU?

Everything I see here says Yes, it should all be compatible. Which ram? 1333 or 1600? Either way it will talk to the MB. Are you going with the stock cooler or do you intend to OC the CPU?

What else do you want us to say?? I think you have been told a few times everything will work together.... what are you still not sure about???

Theoretically, everything in your list should work together. But in real life it's possible some of the components won't play with the system. We can't guarantee that. There's always that chance. You have done the best you can do it looks like to guard against incompatibility now just order the stuff and see what happens. Don't obsess over it.

Guys I finally finished building this today, it works fine. It plays far cry 3 on max at 50-70 fps. 55fps average. Thanks for all your help and support. :D

Back