• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Which motherboard for AMD A10-5800k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Betilly

Registered
Wich motherboard is better for AMD A10-5800k, and which one is better for overclock my cpu. I know that motherboards are cheap but anyway. Is corsair 2x4gb 1866 Vegeance good for that build or some other ram is better for same price?

ASROCK FM2A75M-DGS
or
GIGABYTE GA-F2A75M

Tnx

Neither of those motherboards have a heatsink on the VRM area(between the back connectors and the APU socket). If your planning to do any heavy overclocking you might reconsider these choices. That RAM will do fine. Any 1866 RAM is going to do well with that APU.

Then which other motherboard will be good for some overclocking?

Ill go for Asrock´s motherboard. what about my 350 W Chieftec
power supply will be enough for my build?

i would reconsider that chieftec psu i cant find any reviews fora chieftec 350w anywhere

there is a list of psu's that have been approved and are probably your safest bet in the psu section of the forum

edit that was chiefmax not tec

Wich motherboard is better for AMD A10-5800k, and which one is better for overclock my cpu. I know that motherboards are cheap but anyway. Is corsair 2x4gb 1866 Vegeance good for that build or some other ram is better for same price?

ASROCK FM2A75M-DGS
or
GIGABYTE GA-F2A75M

Tnx

Ditch both those and get a MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 A85X motherboard.

You will not be disappointed. It's a great mobo with plenty of overclocking potential, stability, and features.

I've had great results with my mobo. I would highly recommend it. The Extreme4 ssjwizard linked to is very similar.

Best I know, and Asrock does not, HD 7670 is a rebadged HD 6670.
And no, I have not seen any 7series cards, possibly oems have them.

I finally make decision to build this.

CPU: A10 5800k
MB: FM2A85X Extreme6
RAM: Kingston 8GB KIT PC3-19200 DDR3-2400 CL11 HyperX Predator XMP
CPU FAN : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
PSU : Chieftec gps-350a8 http://www.chieftec.com/power_smart.html

Now i just wanna know if this PSU will be ok for my build and enough if in the future add discrete HD 6670. Btw does matter what brand HD 6670 and what ddr Ram version buy or just buy the cheap one?

I wouldn't get that PSU...best choices are the Antec VP-450 or the Corsair CX430.

Definitely grab the GDDR5 version of the 6670...other than that just get the cheapest.

It has been stated many times that "Dual Graphics" does not take advantage of DDR5 memory, the cheapest HD 6670/7670 DDR3 will be fine.
All the listings I see at newegg are 128 bit, apparently no 64 bit to avoid.
As far as 2 GB vs 1 GB DDR3 I do not know. Normally 2GB is a gimmick of no value, Crossfire with high end cards, the more the better.
For Dual Graphics?

1GB is fine, as he won't have the GPU horsepower to push settings that need more than 1GB of vRAM. Thing is that not all games support CrossfireX, and the CAP profile will usually just disable CrossfireX for those (Dual Graphics works the same as CFX), so you'd want the better card.

Considering the $10 extra it cost to go GDDR5 vs GDDR3 its kinda silly to not go for it. Yes the system RAM is DDR3, BUT Dual Graphics is NOT synchronous the way crossfire is. The first few drivers treated it as such and the performance was not good. After they redid the drivers to operate an APU + GPU in an asynchronous manner the performance when up proportionately to the more powerful GPU. Besides that for games that dont support Dual Graphics you want to bring as much GPU power to the table possible.

So really not getting the GDDR5 doesn't make alot of sense considering the meek price difference.

1Gb for sure. In order to get the best performance from dual graphics you need the iGPU and the GPU to have ALL of the same info on hand, and you dont want to dedicate 2GB of your system RAM to run the iGPU do you? Beyond that even with DG working well its still not enough GPU to run multiple monitors at high/ultra details which is the only reason to have more than 1Gb vRAM(in gaming, there are other applications that can use it, but thats another story).

Back