• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SONY VAIO support/RMA in EU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
About 3 weeks ago we had some problems with Sony VAIO notebook at work ( good that there is only 1 ;) ). I've made a call to Sony support and since it's not really standard issue then they asked me to make photos before they can accept RMA.
It looks like that:

sony.jpg

Literally case and 2 buttons melted during work.
Support got photos and answered that they have to send it to the other department and they will decide what to do with it.

So where is my problem with Sony ? ... I'm waiting over 3 weeks for that answer. No one wants to give me contact to that other department and the only phone line is just standard support where no one has idea what to do. Support is also not answering for my mails regarding this issue.
In this case we had to buy new notebook because of course Sony doesn't care that someone needs it for work.

One of most important questions was if no one got hurt ... I bet that's because in the past Sony has been sued for similar cases.

I'm from Poland but support line is about the same for more countries in Europe.

So far it takes over 3 weeks and even if I get RMA then shipping and fixing it will take next 2-4 weeks :-/.

Crucial has really nice support, even their PR is nice ;)
Also ASRock is good at least in Europe and ADATA support in Taiwan.
I never had any problems will DELL in Poland too ( servers/notebooks only ).

About that Sony issue ... they accepted RMA and sent me empty box. Funny is that they sent me empty box with some padding from Belgium without info what to do with it. Usually it's like courier is packing it ( like for Lenovo, Toshiba etc ) and taking it back but in this case he just left that box ... good that there was idiot-proof picture inside ;) ...

Back