• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6950/5670 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Black C5 Z06

I have an interesting situation that I have tried to research but have not been able to find the exact setup I am using.

I like to have multiple monitors, just because I do. Right now I'm using 4. Not in eyefinity or anything like that, just extended desktop.

Therefore, I have two monitors hooked up to my 6950, and two monitors hooked up to my 5670. Works like a charm. Never had an ounce of trouble out of it in the year or more I've been running like this.

However, I did notice something the other day that has me intrigued.

I was playing a Youtube video on one of the monitors hooked up to the 5670 while reading a thread on my main monitor hooked up to the 6950.

I happened to glance over at my monitoring and saw that a had a few percentage points of load on my 6950 while the 5670 was completely at idle.

So my question is, why would the video be dropping load on the 6950 when the 5670 is the one that is displaying it?

Obviously I'm not in crossfire or anything, haven't even tried that. Just using my old GPU in an extra PCIe slot for extra monitors.

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. If this post makes no sense, tell me I'm an idiot and I'll try to clarify lol.

Thanks, guys.

Maybe the video is hardware-accelerated by your 6950 and the 5670 is just feeding the display?

I don't really know how Flash hardware acceleration or HTML5's works.

Back