• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

games not working properly amd fx 4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the lynchanater

Registered
hi reciently i overclocked my amd fx 4100 to 4.2ghz at this speed i found that it worked great untill i got assassins creed 3 were the game started to crash after running multiple test i evently got around to 3d mark 11 on the cpu test my computer would freeze makeing me have to hit the reset button. i then unovercloaked it back to factory settings this fixed the crashing but about 2 days latter i then upgraded my grafics card to a palit geforce gtx 660ti. the card worked great for the first 15 mins of playing assassins creed 3 but after that the game got quite laggy and making about 15 frames per second and lowering the graphics quality wont help eiver. as the card is brand new i dont think it is the card, my guss is its probly the cpu evan tho my computer hasent crashed at all since putting it back to factory specs, or it could be the power supply as it my not be capable of the power out put.
any help would be much appreciated my system specs are all up to date except for the grafics card which is a palit geforce gtx 660ti. thenks for reading

That power supply should be far more than enough for your rig.

Have you overclocked the 660Ti? Many new graphics cards will aggressively attempt to stay within their intended factory power draw claims and some will simply bump down if things get unstable. For example if I go too far with my 7850 it will drop the core and memory to 150mhz and stay there even under load, I can make my little GT220 do the same thing.

But if you're pretty sure it's not graphics card related then a good next step is to take a look at your core temperatures. You can open HWMonitor and run the Prime95 blend test to get an idea of how warm the cores and other parts are getting under load.

So if you'd like to get us a screenshot of the temps while prime95 is running we can take a shot at whether the processor is getting warm and throttling under load. I know you have aftermarket cooling but there's always a chance that it has been bumped and isn't making good contact.

thenks for that i downloaded and ran prime95 for 4 hours on blend mode and took a photo of hwmonitor.
set

what do you think hicksimus

yea some times i can be perfectly prime stable for days, then load up a game and start playing and bam locks up, try adding one notch to the cpu v core or what ever similar voltages that could be effecting the overclock (im not too familiar with amd)

thenks for that i downloaded and ran prime95 for 4 hours on blend mode and took a photo of hwmonitor.
set

what do you think hicksimus

Where's the pic of HWMonitor? My first thought of what was going on is temp-related downthrottling. To attach pics with your post, first crop and save the image or images with Snipping
Tool in Windows Accessories. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip icon at the top and that will load the file browser/upload tool. The rest is obvious.

Do you have the "green stuff" disabled in bios yet? Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E, C6 and APM?

Back