• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 1.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jflowers

Hi all, I am new to this so bare with me.
I have an HP Pavillion 7920 (900 Duron) and have just fitted a 1.4 Athlon. In sys info it shows as 1.05 Athlon, it also shows as 1.05 in sisoftsandra. Does anyone know if I need to make any changes to the motherboard? I got the processor for free so aint really bothered, but it would be nice if I could get it running at its full speed.

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon.

Do you know what kind of Mobo is in your system?

If so, do you know if it is possible to change your multiplier/bus settings in the bios. I'm not familiar with hp machines, but would be glad to help if I can.

Go into your bios and try to find your multiplier and bus speeds and get that info back to us.

Rob

Welcome To The Forums

.....and to the addiction:eek:

Do you know how to get in the BIOS? Try pressing Del, not really sure on branded PCs, while the computer is trying to post & look for the parameter that can change the CPU speed & change it to 1.4GHz. It should look like;

10.5 X 133 Or something like that & that's if your MoBo supports a 133MHz/266FSB.

14 X 100 If your MoBo only supports a 100MHz/200FSB.

Multiplier = 10.5
FSB = 133

Multiplier X FSB = Clockspeed.

If none of these are available then you will need to FLASH the BIOS. It looks like you are only getting a 10.5 X 100 so it might not support a 133MHz/266FSB.

Do yourself a favor & mouse over the colored letters:cool:

I knew the name of the chipset earlier, but cant find it now. I know its a VIA and it ends with 133, but thats it. I was hoping one of you knew the comp I was talking about.
Jon

too sonny

My bios does not support changing Xspeeds it needs to be done by jumpers, and as i dont have the manual, it sucks. i have messed with my other comp, but i have the manual for that mobo as i fitted it myself. if anyone knows the setup for my mobo then please give me it and the xspeed i should run it at.
Thanks
Jon

We can narrow it down to 2 possibilities;

a. KT133
b. KT133A

If it's a then you will not be able to run at 133MHz/266FSB so you will need a Multiplier of 14. Look at my first reply.

If it's b then you can run at 133MHz/266FSB so the Multiplier would be the default 10.5.

Really sounds like the First choice.

Re: too sonny

jflowers said:
My bios does not support changing Xspeeds it needs to be done by jumpers, and as i dont have the manual, it ...

I would start at this page at HP's site first if you have any general inquiries.

Of course HP doesn't reveal much. But...if you click on the "Motherboard" tab it says that that manufacturer of the board is ASUS. That my friend is very good news! Look around on the board and try to find any numbers or anything that looks like a model number and post it.

Gotta digital camera? Take a picture and post it here. Asus owners...how do we determine which model this is; where is the model number printed on the board? You might also want to check out the Asus website and poke around at the 133 and 133a chipset board pictures.

Good Luck! :D

jflowers - Maybe it's a variant of the A7V. Let's hope I'm wrong with this though cause you want the A7V133. Does it look like this?

poster.jpg

Here is the Manual but if you have problems with that link, really slow, look at this page & choose a mirror. I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark but could the switches be that much different from the regular ASUS boards? I hope not & if right then the dip switch settings would be similar if not the same.

WillysNut - Is it me or is there is something wrong with that HP page, Intel 810E:eh?: They shouldnt be allowed to make puters!

Back