• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A 8 -5600k Trinity combined cpu, gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The GPU is bult into the CPU so there is no need for a stand alone video card. Of course for serious gaming, it will not be the best thing. For gaming on lower settings and workstation use they work pretty well.

For a long time the integrated graphics were built into the motherboard. I'm not sure exactly when integrated graphics moved to the CPU, but it has been a while.

I built a system for a friend based on that APU. He's very pleased with it so far. It's designed for general use/light gaming and it fills that role quite well for him.

Works great if you get some fast RAM (DDR3-2400) and a nice air cooler. I just posted a 3dmark11 score of 2117 at 4.5GHz CPU/1200MHz GPU, check my thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719926

Light gaming? I play Skyrim at 45-50 FPS on High settings, FXAA Antialiasing and 8X Anisotropic...

EDIT: Just used FRAPS to get an FPS count in Skyrim, most of the time was at 53 FPS, dropped to 43 at times, went as high as 60 (VSync). I'm planning on running dual graphics in the near future with a HD6770. For the money, you can't go wrong. Having "only" 4 cores doesn't hurt gaming performance compared to the new 8-core AMD chips based on the same architecture. Think of it as getting a free $85 GPU with your $130 CPU (Again, I can't stress enough the importance of fast RAM to get these levels of performance).

Last edited:
You can also do crossfire (or hybrid crossfire?) using the new AMD APUs and a compatible video card, most site the Raedon 6770 as the most appropriate card for this. You get a really nice video boost with this arrangement supposedly.

Last edited:
i'm not sure about a radeon 6670 myself... though it does stand to reason ANY 6670 with GDDR5 ram will boost the system performance imediately (with a compatable GPU the APU will use the discrite card's ram by default)

I have yet to take the time to try out the new hybrid SLI's, I know they work somewhat. I just tend to be more focused on other aspects of the APU's at this point.

They are strong chips though. For most applications they dont disappoint. Performance per thread wise they are a little above most of the i3's Closer to the performance level of the i5's (just not the fully unlocked i5's). They're pretty tame on the power requirements aswell. Most f the time they draw about 60watts for the entire system. with a push to the 130-140ish entire system wattage under full 4core + igp load.

Back