• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 960t TMPIN0 Reaching 64C is this bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kez21

hey i have been using this processor for about a year now and when i first got the TMPIN0 which im assuming is the socket temperature was sitting at around 55c on load, i tried to overclock my computer because i was encountering fps drops in games frequently and its average temperature was around 59c so i left it there

a couple of days ago i noticed while playing dota 2 and borderland 2 that my temperate was at 64c and i read somewhere a while back that the phenom isn't safe above 60c so im worried now. is this a bad temperature ? and if u want any screenshots of cpuz or cpuid just ask

I don't agree that a 60c socket temp is max for a Phenom II. I would say 65c at least. What motherboard do you have? What about case ventilation? What is the make and model of your case and how many, how large are the case fans and where are they placed with regard to push/pull of air through the case?

However he says the temp is increasing over previous.

1. Dust in the case DEcreasing fan efficiency.

2. Possible that Heat Sink Compound is drying out.

3. Maybe the games being played n0w are more cpu intensive than previous games and thus the load on cpu is greater.

4. Of course to get what 'was' your initial temps lower, like back when system was put together...then case cooling is a thought for sure.

ok i have an asus M5a78l/USB3 and i have an NZXT phantom 410 with 2 large exhaust fans and 1 medium size intake fan at the front

I would disassemble the system and blow every nook and cranny out with compressed air. It sounds like dust and debris build up to me. If that doesn't work, or only works partially, remount the CPU cooler with fresh TIM.

Back