• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I couldn't resist.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Trimmed my farm down to only my two dual AMD 1600s @ 1750 and the dual PIII 500 SETIQueue server (still have the two PII 350 Dells at work too), but couldn't resist what I just came into.

Will soon have just four running, including the two AMD duallies, but will be re-adding my 8KHA+ with an XP 2000+ that's on the way (sold my two PIII 1GHz chips for it-thanks GodFodda!) and just ordered a Shuttle AK31 that will be home to another XP 2000+ I got in a trade for my old 8K7A+ (what a deal!).

Depending on how those will overclock, I'm pretty sure that with just those four my production won't dip off anymore than the most I had it at (42/day).

Can't wait to see what I can get out of unlocking those andmaking them scream. Will let you all know next week when it all gets here.

well, at least Jon did try!!

he built up a farm, then trimmed it, and now, re-farming again....:D

yeah, once u up to certain WUs/day, it's very very hard to see it dip down a lot!! a few is ok. 10 or more? no way!!

Well, I thought about it and 40/day is a pretty good average for me. Problem was that it took 7 running PCs in my house to do it. I just figured if I sold off most of the slower ones and some extra parts I had lying around, I could upgrade a couple of the more powerful ones and get the same production out of only 4 running full time.

Two duallies sporting XP 1600s, the 8KHA+ with a new XP 2000+ @ 1.8GHz+ and the new Shuttle I ordered with another XP 2000+ @ 1.8GHz+ should keep me in the same vicinity that I just peaked at...just under 10GHz of XP goodness. Will leave me with a lower electric bill, more space and should cut down on all the noise (not to mention the endless cabling with the ethernet and KVM crap everywhere).

Will still have to keep my dual PIII 500 rig though...just for novelty and sentimental reasons. :D

Back