• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what does a burnt tbird look like

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

could ya post some pics of a burnt tbird

i know this sounds stupid but i do have a reason lol ill let u guess,:eh?: :eek: :(

On both the fried Tbirds I've seen, there was a circular ring of black crud in the thermal paste. Other than that, there was no difference ('xcept that it didn't work).
Sorry I don't have any pics.

if i had a digi cam i would post a pic of my burnt 1ghz tbird nothing real special tho just alittle brown by the bottom left core corner...

I don't think you could tell by looking at the 2 I've fried. If you held it under your nose you could though! Both of mine were just barely fried, people who have hard core fried them, by dead fans etc, might have some distinctive marks.

i have a 800 tbird that isnt fried but i think it got VERY close one time! hehe, it has a barcode on the bottom of it and has a burn ring in it!!! hehe

the stupid people i got my computer from a long time ago when i didnt know a lot, they had the CHEAPEST HEATSINK IV EVER SEEN on it!!!!, and a 50mm fan!its like ones iv seen on a p66 with a fan! its really hopeless!!!

I also close to fried:mad: a duron 750 by booting without a hsf. The bottom part and the label are a little black. It still works though!

rnpgrosz said:
I also close to fried:mad: a duron 750 by booting without a hsf. The bottom part and the label are a little black. It still works though!

Those durons are amazingly resilient.

If i had a pciture of my burnt T bird 1.0 id show you but unfortunately i threw it in my friends fish tank, it makes a great ordamint. :p

But when it first blew it looked normal to me. Now, however, it still sits in the tank, all the ping are falling off and it has alge growing on it :burn: hehe

HEHE THX GUYZ THERE MIGHT BE HOPE FOR MY FIENDS 1.4 CUZ I THINK THE SMELL WAS COMMING FROM THE BLOWN PSU

I HOPE SO

natopotato said:
HEHE THX GUYZ THERE MIGHT BE HOPE FOR MY FIENDS 1.4 CUZ I THINK THE SMELL WAS COMMING FROM THE BLOWN PSU

I HOPE SO

I smelt that alot, I believe my fan in the PSU failed, and it was smelling like burning! Luckily I was on the computer, and well I turned it off, at that time I knew nothing about computers, then my dad brang it to these people who replaced the fan.

Back